cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'd like to preload movies and then watch them offline in the tube, car or train. many others Im sure, would like too!

52 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Why can't I download to watch later and why can't I link my iPad to my tv to watch
Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User wrote:

I'd like to preload movies and then watch them offline in the tube, car or train. many others Im sure, would like too!

Hi ghery,

Thanks for your post.

We support a range of portable devices which you can stream movies to, so there's no need to download.

To view the list of supported devices, just click this link.

Regards

Tim

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't think that's point they are making.  I think the point they are making is for poor mobile internet/usage.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Won't happen for free.

To download requires SKY pay more to the movie companies... in license fees.

SKY yearly subscribers need to PAY extra per month for this option on mobiles and they are then TIED into a 12 month agreement for this extra cost. Skys current fee for 12month subers is another £5 a month. 

Contract free allways costs more than the 12 months Box subscribers...

So about another £12 per month for the contract free download version...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It'd be great to be able to download a movie onto my iPad to watch later.  I'll be getting a train up to Edinburgh at the end of May so was looking for a way to download and cache, even temporarily, a movie onto my iPad with not being able to stream on the trains wifi...a little disappointed to see that this was impossble to do. 

Is this something that can be considered for the future?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It won't be as part of the basic service...

Downloading costs MORE in license agreements with content providers which YOU will have to repay NowTV for per month...

Also Because alot of users do not Have any devices with HDD to store content on this won't be part of the normal services as they would be paying for something they will never be able to use...

Also You will still need  Wifi or 3g connection to verifiy your license they won't allow you to download to a 5th device then delete it from your registered devices while 4 other devices are used at Home...

If you wanted the features of SKYgo you have to PAY the SKY go prices...  

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Perfectly understandable, even as an extra charge but even a basic net connection that checks everything is ok will be much easier than trying to stream an entire movie over 3G or poor wifi.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
This would be a great feature.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would like this too, be good for a flight that has no entertainemt. I got a 3+ hour flight to Morocco next month.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Add a feature so you can download movies and watch offline like you can on Sky Go