cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is the TV guide likey to be improved?  I find it very frustrating only being able to see "now & next"  when I want to see what's on later, also the lack of channel numbers!  having to scroll through is sooooooo annoying! when youknow the channel number you want it's so much easier to have a remote with a numeric keypad to select the channel you want.

I'd hoped to be able to do away with my youview box so I wasn't having to keep switching from one box to another - oh well -some you win Smiley Frustrated

106 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable
It's scandalous that in this day and age Now TV's so-called smart box tv guide is so poor. It can't be that difficult to upgrade. We want more than just a now and next guide!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Completely agree with the comments here. Main reason I bought the box was because it bought freeview,nowtv and catchup into one place. Was expecting a 7day epg (or even 1 day would be fine), but was shocked to see now and next which is not a TV Guide as far as I am concerned. Otherwise love the box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Come on Now TV, where is the 7 day listings!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I only use the smart tv box on the tv in the bedroom so a 7 day epg isn't that much of an issue but at least being able to see 24 hours would be a reasonable starting point.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

In terms of user experience, having to press the down button 30+ times to get to BBC1HD channel is ridiculous!! Come on NOWTV - pleassssssse fix this soon!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Just got the smart box, changed from talktalk youview box and wish I hadn't bothered! The lack of tv guide is appalling. It's very basic, very annoying not knowing what's on telly later and not being able to go back seven days to find what you missed and which channel it was on. To think I signed up for twelve months of this!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Same issue for me...a really good box spoilt by a really poor Live TV user interface. As its now several month since the NOW Team.. reply..can the team give us an update or let us know when the next new box version will be available that solves this issue..
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I actually find it pretty astonishing that anybody on the NOWTV/Roku development team would ever think a Now/Next TV guide would ever be of use to anybody in the real world, considering a 7 day grid format epg has been the industry standard for years. I wonder how Sky consumers would react if they were suddenly given this same programming format for their paid channels?

Another thing I really hate is having NOWTV and FreeView channels essentially split into 2 separate guides? Why? Who on earth would really want this?

When you consider that Kodi is able to merge multiple live TV sources (OTA, Satellite, Cable and Streamed Channels) into a single 7 day EPG fairly easily, which was achieved by a handful of volunteer developers. Is it not therefore reasonable to assume that with the vast amount of financial backing NOWTV must have that consumers would not expect something alot better than what they are currently being offered?

What is being asked for by every user in this thread is not an unreasonable request, as this is basic functionality that readily available on hundreds, if not thousands of devices already out there on the market.

That's what makes this subject so frustrating, because I really do quite like the overall feel of the NOWTV interface,  but is so let down currently by such a poorly designed epg, which should really be at the core of the overall user experience, since you are principally selling live TV content to view on this device.

I hope you will receive my comments as positive feedback from a user's perspective.

Cheers

Oh, ps........Remote control could do with buttons for volume as well. Quite irritating having to pick up another remote just to adjust the volume

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any chance the HD channels for 1-5 could be moved to the top of the TV guide or provide a faster way to scroll down to them?

Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User given they are not at top of list in freeview or other TV providers then it is highly unlikely it will happen. Currently there is no really quick way. It would be nice if you could create a favourites list of content you can view, however, I can't see that happening soon.