Not applicable

google play app?

hi, can you get google play app on my tv ? cheers 

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you are referring to if there is a Google Play App available on the NowTV boxes or smart stick, then no this App is not available via NowTV branded devices sorry.

Should you be looking for a device with the Google Play App, then perhaps consider the Roku Express which has Google Play for TV & Movies, NowTV, Netflix, Amazon Video, BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5 and numerous other Apps on the Roku channel store.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is so unfair. Many of us would welcome the Amazon and Gogole apps to play our content on Now TV, without yet having to purchase yet another (Roku) device. Thisis further complicated by only being allowed 4 devices and this counts Chromecasts which cannot be used in isolation without a phone or tablet. I could buy more boxes to get more vouchers, but then I would need to set up multiple accounts. I see there is a 4K version of the Roku box? I also hear talk of an Apple beta app? Perhaps if the Roku price drops in the New Year, I may add it?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
YouTube app .sign in any films from Google play are there in the folder on the left
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Get the YouTube app on now tv .sign in and any purchases will be there for you to watch. Left hand side of screen in the folder
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks took your advice and ended up getting all my TV and movie purchases available but it would be nice to get my music purchases available too