Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Wolf Creek Discussion Thread *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Here's a thread to discuss Wolf Creek on Fox

*THIS THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS* so make sure you are up to date before reading.

42A3DEB500000578-0-image-a-5_1500902753683.jpg

Oops, wrong International Tour Guide ...

117 REPLIES 117
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi Once you know nobody else has a clue either then pressure is off! I'll get round to episode 2 whenever!! 😄

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi@Andy

Is that me left to watch it on my own?????

Latest episode took us to Shogun World with lots of cool violence.... and what did it all mean.... don't know, but it looked good.

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User

No I'll catch up, just have to be in the mood and I struggle with not knowing whats what in a show Smiley Happy

I'm behind with Gotham too Smiley Sad

Bank holiday coming up so probably catch up then

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy@Lindzi

Took me ages to remember what thread this was actually mentioned in....... BUT, just spotted that the classic Westworld movie will be on the TCM channel next Tuesday night (a channel that I can get via BT TV), so I will hopefully get the chance to watch it before the @Andy end of year deadline.  However, next Tuesday will be Gotham / World Cup Semi Final, so will need to record movie for a future rainy day!!!

Must admit, really enjoyed Westworld season 2 that came to its end recently, so will be interesting to compare it all to the movie.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Lindzi Oh excellent, c'mon now folks there's no excuse not to give it a go ... it's also on Amazon Prime if that's any use to anyone!

It's an absolute sci-fi classic and because most of it naturally takes place in 'Westworld' it hasn't aged badly at all, although Medieval world admittedly looks remarkably similar to the set on Carry on Henry and once you get to see what the androids look like 'under the skin' it's clearly straight out of the Robbie the Robot style film-making, but still I think you'll really enjoy it! Do keep me informed!

PS I've now watched 2 episodes of S2 so ... y'know ... I'm getting there!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy wrote:

PS I've now watched 2 episodes of S2 so ... y'know ... I'm getting there!

@Andy

You might be watching S2 Westworld at the perfect rate, you'll be getting to the final 10th episode just before S3 comes in 2019!!!!!! (hence no gap in your obvious enjoyment).

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

You might be watching S2 Westworld at the perfect rate, you'll be getting to the final 10th episode just before S3 comes in 2019!!!!!! (hence no gap in your obvious enjoyment).

@Anonymous User haha well since leaving NOW TV broadband my account is all messed up so it may actually take me until 2019 to get to the end! 

@Lindzi Aww you'll like it, it's got to be less effort than watching the whole of S2 again??!!?? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy@Lindzi

Well I've done it......... watched the Westworld movie and it was actually quite good.  One thing that makes it really good is how simple it is to follow.... it is only a short movie so would be difficult to be complex but nice to watch something Westworld related without a headache at the end.

The Yul Brynner man-in-black character is especially creepy and someone you don't want to meet in a dark alleyway.  A simple trick for creepy and suspenseful...... nothing but the sound of cowboy boots walking down an empty concrete lined corridor, cheap and effective!!!!  Nothing like decades of technological advancement and millions of dollars to make things too complex.

@Andy  I'm sure I might have read somewhere that there was a follow-up movie called Futureworld????  Have you seen that one????

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I have seen Futureworld yeah, and despite not being particularly well regarded I think it's an interesting film. It's very different from Westworld, none of the gung-ho sci-fi actioner of the first film, instead more of a serious political conspiracy drama, think more Manchurian Candidate than Planet of the Apes! I enjoyed it though. It's interesting as it's almost entirely about what's going on 'behind the scenes' and everyone's favourite gunslinger does turn up again ... but not as you'd expect! spoilers! 

Worth keeping an eye out for. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

Having now seen the Westworld movie I really should check out its follow-up...... so I will keep my eyes peeled.

I did search Futureworld on Amazon and with the various DVDs that came up I did see that the Yul Brynner character was there....... I'm guessing they have cleaned off that burnt carcass and given him a new job???? (how creepy was it when his burnt remains popped-up again for a final hoorah!!!)

I shall report back whenever I might see it.