cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wireless headphones.

I have recently bought some wireless headphones for hard of hearing and although they work perfectly with the television they won’t through my NowTV box. Have tried an audio converter but it doesn’t work.  Any help would be appreciated as these headphones make quite a difference to my hearing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. I would have expected you to be able to connect these direct to the TV and any source that is currently playing on the TV eg Freeview, NOW TV Box, DVDnplayer should be played through the headphones, rather than trying to connect this to the NOW TV box (which I can't imagine would work).

However if you post the make and model of your headphones someone might be willing to investigate and help you.

Yes @Anonymous User, @Andy is correct 🙂 Your dongle should plug into the aux port on your TV. If you can get us the Make/Model of your TV we can check to see if it even has an aux port. Thanks

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Tony-D wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thank you again. I tried geemarc before NowTV, they could only suggest trying an audio converter which they said might or might not work, obviously it didn’t. I can usually sort things like this out for myself, my late husband was a tv etc etc engineer so I’m used to seeing the back and insides of tv’s and other equipment and not afraid to having a tinker!  I don’t have another television in the house and am not set up with any other equipment except a DVD player. Will try that and see what happens. I wasn’t born into a world of technology (am 74) but pick things up as I go along, it’s all trial and error isn’t it sometimes. 

@Anonymous User Hope you can get this sorted. It's a very weird thing to happen with the whole freeview still coming through. If you get this sorted can you give us an update for any future reference? Thanks

Also @Anonymous User In this PDF Manual, pages 5 and 6 have the option for connecting directly to the TV avoiding Scart or any other input.

https://www.actiononhearingloss.org.uk/-/.../M496%20CL7400%20Headphones.pdf

Just incase this helps.

RoyB
Legend

I don’t know if @Anonymous User ever got this fixed, but I note from the manual of a similar Bush TV (I couldn’t find the exact manual for her particular Bush TV) that the headphones output is quite smart, and not just a speaker bypass, and can be configured in the Audio settings.

I also not that EXT2, which is one of the SCARTs, can be configured either to always output the TV Tuner signal, or to output whatever is playing on the TV, if one of the AV sockets is being used for input.

I used to have a Sony TV whose SCARTs did something similar.

So I just wonder if the headphone out on her TV had some similar arrangement, and needed switching from ‘Always TV Tuner’ to ‘Whatever is playing onscreen’ (the names would likely be different, and would concern the sound only) even for the Headphone output?

But absolutely certainly the case if @Anonymous User were using a SCART adapter and twin RCAs to the headphone stand, rather than the 3.5mm jack to 3.5mm jack cable. Especially as she mentioned some sort of audio adapter, but never specified what it was.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Good morning, thank you for the information. I never managed to get the headphones in question sorted out and have to use my old ones when watching NowTv or my DVD player, they work perfectly well on other channels straight from my Television. Will get someone to check it out for me.

Regards

Janice.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i'm having a similar issue with wireless Apple AirPods. Trying to watch on my MacBook, it is fine and sound comes out on computer but when you connect wireless ear phones and use the Now TV Player the sound will not come out of the earphones. Averything else does... strange.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the exact same problem. Were you able to hear anything back/fix anything?

Cheers

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Can you try wired headphones? Does that work with the NowTV App?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, don’t know if you resolved your issue but I just did, with my brother’s help. Here is what he said: Go into the menus for the nowtv box (sound settings) and make sure that it is set to stereo and not dolby digital likewise on your media box, Virgin, etc or TV and do the same. They only need to produce stereo (not mutichannel (such as dolby 5.1). My virgin media box says, Dolby to PCM. That one worked for me. It is worth a go!