cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wireless headphones.

I have recently bought some wireless headphones for hard of hearing and although they work perfectly with the television they won’t through my NowTV box. Have tried an audio converter but it doesn’t work.  Any help would be appreciated as these headphones make quite a difference to my hearing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. I would have expected you to be able to connect these direct to the TV and any source that is currently playing on the TV eg Freeview, NOW TV Box, DVDnplayer should be played through the headphones, rather than trying to connect this to the NOW TV box (which I can't imagine would work).

However if you post the make and model of your headphones someone might be willing to investigate and help you.

Yes @Anonymous User, @Andy is correct 🙂 Your dongle should plug into the aux port on your TV. If you can get us the Make/Model of your TV we can check to see if it even has an aux port. Thanks

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. I would have expected you to be able to connect these direct to the TV and any source that is currently playing on the TV eg Freeview, NOW TV Box, DVDnplayer should be played through the headphones, rather than trying to connect this to the NOW TV box (which I can't imagine would work).

However if you post the make and model of your headphones someone might be willing to investigate and help you.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User

Yes @Anonymous User, @Andy is correct 🙂 Your dongle should plug into the aux port on your TV. If you can get us the Make/Model of your TV we can check to see if it even has an aux port. Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The headphones are geemarc CL7400.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Tv is a Bush LCD37883F1080P

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Headphones are geemarc CL7400.  Tv Bush LCD37883F1080P. Apologies if I’ve sent this twice, it’s the first time I’ve used the forum.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Headphones are geemarc CL7400.  Tv Bush LCD37883F1080P. Apologies if I’ve sent this twice, it’s the first time I’ve used the forum.

Your ok @Anonymous User I've been looking at the manual for these 2 devices and can see that you should be able to plug the headphone reciever directly into your TV (as seen on page number 10 of your TV manual, look at number 6 on page 10 to see where the cable from the headphone reciever should go to http://tv.manualsonline.com/manuals/mfg/bush/a6.html?p=10 ) And then you should be able to hear anything that appears on your TV screen.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for taking the time to check this out. My headphones are already connected to the television and work well with the normal channels but when I switch over to NowTV the sound coming through the headphones is from the tv and not the channel I’m trying to watch on the box. Does that make sense? Tried live chat but that didn’t get me anywhere,

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

What happens if you go into the nowtv box menu settings and change the Audio Out to Stereo ?

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to check this out. My headphones are already connected to the television and work well with the normal channels but when I switch over to NowTV the sound coming through the headphones is from the tv and not the channel I’m trying to watch on the box. Does that make sense? Tried live chat but that didn’t get me anywhere,

No problem @Anonymous User Hopefully we can get this sorted. Try @schnapps suggestion as well as that could be the trick.  What do you hear when NOW TV is playing? Is there anything at all coming through the headphones @Anonymous User ?