cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why no Linux Support?

The title says it all.

You are alienating a large number of potential users by not supporting/allowing your service on Linux.

Even a browser option would be good.

I am a new Now TV Customer using a Roku3 but would be good to use laptops (all linux) on occasions.

Pretty miffed to find this limitation TBH!Smiley Mad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

You know Guys

Most domestic users, Now TV's target demographic, are not hung on computer operating systems because most people will either stick with what they know or what is available and works.

However, if you both feel passionate about Linux then I suggest you put your idea in the "Ideas for NOW TV" area of this forum and see how many other forum members support it.

UK Bob

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I gave up Now TV for Netflicks.

Why?

Because Netflicks run on Linux!!!

Customers need to vote with their money.....I did.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

You know Guys

Most domestic users, Now TV's target demographic, are not hung on computer operating systems because most people will either stick with what they know or what is available and works.

However, if you both feel passionate about Linux then I suggest you put your idea in the "Ideas for NOW TV" area of this forum and see how many other forum members support it.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It seems that one has to ask admin to make a general post into a post in the "Ideas" thread.

So admin; can this be made an idea please?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Just in-case you missed them, did you find these old 'linux' topics: -

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Forum-Info-Off-Topic-Chat/Linux/m-p/371006/

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Forum-Info-Off-Topic-Chat/NowTV-on-Linux/m-p/365923/

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi SeeMoreDigital,

Thanks for the pointer. Yes I have seen them. I do run a windows VM on a desktop that I have but don't want to go that route on laptops just to watch tv. I'll just have to stick to my Roku and Android devices (which run on what amounts to a Linux distro btw)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just paid for entertainment package and movies to discover you don't support Linux.

all my PCs and laptops run Linux.

yes I could install windows via shell extensions or something similar, but just to watch TV. really!

I have to say I'm very surprised at this lack of support.

printer manufacturers and other computer packages are getting support now so why do you ignore this large source of revenue.

I will be asking for my money back.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

https://gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share/

If you have a TV, a £15 NowTV Stick will enable you to leverage your investment in passes here.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too have just discovered that there is no Linux support which I find a bit surprising these days.  I had expected to view Now TV on my computers and the inability to do this is a deal breaker for me I'm afraid.

I don't use Windows or Apple computers so it looks like my use of Now TV will be limited to the one month pass I purchased.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have Linux, and unfortunately there is no way to access NowTV streaming from my operating system. Because of this, I will not use it and sadly I will have to resort to other streaming platforms that work in every operating system like Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, HBONow... Basically NowTV is the only one that doesn't work outside WIndows10/Apple. That's a bit stupid and very sad.