cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why is my home phone when I call out giving an engaging tone

My broadband is not working and my home phone when I call different numbers always engaged, also can't get in touch with an advisor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When going to My Account > Technical Checks on here does it say that there is a problem with the line ?

If so, you could try powering down the router and disconnect both the router and telephone cable to the master telephone socket and then reconnect everything again and switch back on the router.

I doubt the above will work and if that is the case if you select My Account > Broadband & Calls and under the moving home section if you click on it a helpline telephone number should appear to contact the broadband team for further assistance.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When going to My Account > Technical Checks on here does it say that there is a problem with the line ?

If so, you could try powering down the router and disconnect both the router and telephone cable to the master telephone socket and then reconnect everything again and switch back on the router.

I doubt the above will work and if that is the case if you select My Account > Broadband & Calls and under the moving home section if you click on it a helpline telephone number should appear to contact the broadband team for further assistance.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Please can you explain as I have learning problem
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I would suggest contacting the nowtv broadband team for further help, where they can check & test the telephone line at their end.

When signed into the nowtv website with your internet browser, if you click on My Account when using a PC or a person symbol when using a mobile devices (towards the top right of your screen).

Then from the drop down options select " Broadband & Calls" and when the next page appears on your screen select the option " moving home" and if you click on moving home a telephone number should show on screen.

Then use that telephone number to give the nowtv broadband team a call.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is it free as no credit

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't find their number and no credit

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I will tag @Tony-D from the nowtv team on here to see if he can offer you some further help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Be grateful if he could
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
Be grateful if he could

@Anonymous User As @schnapps has said. The best way to get this sorted is to ring our help line as we can only do line tests through that. It sounds like an internal fault or it could be a simple set up issue. They will be happy to assist you.