cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

What TV Shows That You Enjoyed Watching Was Cancelled Early By The Studios

Not sure if there is a thread already about this topic, but thought that i would post the TV Shows that i enjoyed watching on NowTV that the Studios cancelled early Smiley Mad

The two most recent shows on NowTV for me was "Legends" and "Aquarius" where i was looking forward to seeing a new season for both shows Smiley Mad

Wondering if any other forum members have any shows they want to mention on here.

@Karl-Fare we allowed to mention other TV shows on alternative streaming services (don't want to be a naughty boy by breaking any rules Smiley Very Happy) ?

20 REPLIES 20
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Here's IMDb list of "The 50 Greatest One Season Wonders", luckily from the list the only show that i had watched was Flashforward Smiley Sad

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls003237418/

There was a show on Netflix called "Alcatraz" going back a couple of years ago that i enjoyed and thought it had potential until it was canned after the first season :smileymad

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps Wot no Manimal?
Wot no Streethawk?
Wot no Automan?

Oh ye, Invasion was quite good. And I did watch Flashforward and got really annoyed they cancelled it. Then Event was the one where I really stated getting p***ed off when arc shows were cancelled without resolution. Harper's Island was absolutely fab so I would have loved another season of that,but it did have a nicely rounded resolution at the end so I was happy. And I completely forgot about Threshold with a pre-GoT Peter Dinklage and a post-TNG Brent Spiner, quite good but I doubt I would have sat through another season.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

I honestly haven't seen any of those shows on that list @schnapps.

I'm not the biggest TV person if I'm honest. I tend to watch the big shows that come out so your GoT, I started off really interest in The Walking Dead but as the seasons drag on I'm getting less and less interested. 

Apart from Game of Thrones the best TV show I've watched is Banshee, think I watched 5 seasons in a week! 

I'm more of a Survival Documentary man if I'm honest, so Ed Stafford's Marooned season 2 is epic! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F

Seems like we have got similar tastes in TV shows, i loved Banshee (highly recommended like GOT there is a lot of nudity and violence) Smiley Wink

I thought there was only 4 Seasons and not 5 of this TV show ?

When i watched the first episode of season 1, i wasn't sure about the character "Job" however overtime for me he was one of many characters that i liked in this fantastic TV show. 

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps & the Crew

Hi Schnapps

Apart from Firefly, and I only saw the film, I don't recognise any of those "one season" shows, I guess I'm totally out of it.

Mind you, I did get a DVD, on import, of a one season sci-fi type show starring Taye Diggs called "Day Break", which I liked.

So crew members, here endeth my application to the "one season wonder" club. Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

UK Bob

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @schnapps You're right there was only 4. It sounds like we do have the same taste in shows! 

I totally agree with your views on the character "Job", I have exactly the same first impressions but him and sugar were probably my favourite characters! I also quite liked Kai Proctor! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F

Yeah agree with you about "Job" and "Sugar" they had good chemistry together which you wouldn't expect looking at their backgrounds.

To be honest there wasn't one character in the show that i disliked, and more importantly there was no annoying children in the show (like other shows i can mention Smiley Wink) and the two kids in Banshee were not irritating to me IMO.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy wrote:

@schnapps Wot no Manimal?
Wot no Streethawk?
Wot no Automan?

All I can say is you must have strange tastes @Andy Smiley LOL

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

@Karl-Fare we allowed to mention other TV shows on alternative streaming services (don't want to be a naughty boy by breaking any rules Smiley Very Happy) ?

Hi @schnapps

As long as in the off topic section. I don't think NowTV mind because if you think about it us talking about TV shows might be available on other legitimate TV streaming services helps promote accessing content legitimately rather than illegally and nobody could get into trouble for that

Myself @Andy and @caseyb1993 Have been talking about Gotham, which while it is a DC TV show it is of course not available on NowTV. I wish it was on NowTV because then we wouldn't have to wait so long for it. Because while Channel 5 do have the rights for it to they seem to be very slow at airing it. Pretty please. NowTV can you get the rights off Channel 5 and start showing season four a few weeks after the US. If you don't ask you certainly don't getSmiley Very Happy

@SeeMoreDigital firefly is on NetflixSmiley Wink it's only available in SD, thoughSmiley Sad

This could be a controversial one Smiley Surprised but I actually think Stargate universe was cancelled too early, while it's true that the first season was a slow burn. It got much better in the second season. I believe it would have got better still had they not cancelled it. It was cancelled just as it was getting interesting

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

"2 Broke Girls" got cancelled not too long ago after 6 seasons. I like this one but it got a little stale after season 3. 

Just wish E4 would air the last one now so I can finish it. 😞

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂