Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Wentworth is back :-)

Who is watching this amazing show? 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
318 REPLIES 318
ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps

Hey Schnapps

You know it, famous last words from the villain that framed them.

Cyber Man Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy @schnapps @Andy

A good John Carpenter movie I have seen has to be Christine! 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

No way, Christine is a John Carpenter movie? I did not know that! I'm an amateur! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

I haven't heard of the movie "Christine" directed by John Carpenter i must have missed that one in the eighties on the old VHS Video Rental (Will have to checkout when i can find some spare time).

With regards to Love Film never had any problems with dodgy discs and fair play they have been pretty good with the films on my wish list that they send out to me.

Perhaps i have been lucky which is a change for me Smiley Wink.

ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993 @schnapps @Andy 

You know Guys

I completely forgot about Christine (1983), especially as it is one of my favourite John Carpenter films.

Christine (1983).jpg

I think the reason why I like it so much is because the underdog become the protagonist.

As for "Escape from New York", yes, Donald Pleasence was in it, he played the part of the kidnapped US president that "Snake Plissken", Kurt Russell's character, had to rescue.

And I would agree that after "Escape from New York (1983) and Christine (1983)" John Carpenter has never been able to hit able to hit those high points of previous films.

Sorry Andy, Big Trouble in Little China (1986) and They Live (1988) although good did not missed it for me and came across as more comedy than horror.

Got to cut my post short, I'm getting those "Authentication Errors" again.

Back later.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

Well Guys

I've just come across a John Carpenter film that I've never heard of, "In the Mouth of Madness (1994)", as anybody ever seen it?

In the Mouth of Madness (1994).jpg

I'll probably see if it's available on DVD.

UK Bob 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps 

Yeah, for me Halloween is the template that all other stalker-slasher horrors follow, it perfected the formula and is one of the few films that I really can watch over and over again and still enjoy (and do!) It’s the blank expressionless face (Carpenter used a spray-painted William Shatner mask so not sure what that says about the great Shatman) and the fact that he never talks that makes him so scary, and Carpenter’s soundtrack is spot on.

Forgot about The Fog, but you’re right that was a good film, I’ve only seen it once and a long time back so may have to revisit that.

As for Big Trouble in Little China that’s another film I forgot was John Carpenter.

And funny you should mention ‘They Live’ as I saw it for the first time a few months back on Shudder, and really enjoyed it - a fun B-movie vibe to it and very creative, reminded me of Robocop in the satirising of consumer society.

Good memories!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

I've just come across a John Carpenter film that I've never heard of, "In the Mouth of Madness (1994)", as anybody ever seen it?

Nope from me on that

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy

Hi UK Bob,

I also seem to have overlooked this movie " In the mouth of madness" (will have to see if it's available on one of the streaming services).

My opinion is that John Carpenter best work was in the late seventies up to the mid eighties (I found after this period the movies weren't has good compared to his older classics).  

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

It's annoying that NowTV don't offer a search feature for Director or Actor/ Actress Smiley Mad

All this talk about John Carpenter on here has made me want to revisit some of his older movies Smiley Happy

NowTV search was a right pain in the backside, where you had to input the name of each movie (That is if you knew the name of the movie you was after from the start) Smiley Mad

Netflix and Amazon Prime search function was a dream to use , just typed in "John C" and upped pop the movies on their streaming site Smiley Happy

NowTV take note.