cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

We've Got Badges!

Anyone else noticed badges have appeared on our profiles? Seems quite a fun addition, should be easy for people to collect a few even if they don't visit a lot. 

image.png

What do people think? Any other badges you'd like to see? Top tea drinker, Walking Dead (for me in the morning), or Team Targaryen so that all us 'Dany for the Iron Throne' supporters can band together and petition the script writers? 

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy

Yeah noticed the different badges in my profile this morning when "logging in" to my forum account.

It's a bit of a gimmick if you ask me, just wish that the NowTV software developers put the same effort and sorted out the on going issues i am experiencing with Authentication Errors and being constantly logged out of my account (lost count how many draft posts that have been lost in the system and couldn't retrieve) Smiley Mad

Anyway moan over, i am guessing surely with your wealth of knowledge on here you must have reached your Albert Einstein badge by now Smiley Very Happy

il_340x270.694606407_1vb4.jpg

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps Ah not a fan, fair enough. I think it's a bit of fun myself, most forums do something similar, and it puts me off when forums are all work and no play. It appeals to my inner child but then again I suspect my inner child is more childish than most peoples!

As for Einstein I was hoping for a HAL9000 badge myself, would suit my personality more ... Yes, I might have a pretty good knowledge of NOW TV but that doesn't mean I don't break down a lot! 😄

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps Now then onto the more serious matter of all the authentication issues. Yes I agree with you how annoying they are, and I too am plagued quite a bit with them. It did start a good time back and it has been mentioned to the team a good few times. Sometimes I think it's working well, other times it's as bad as ever, it took me 5 goes this morning to send one message.

The problem is when I do mention it, most of the 'regulars' say they don't really notice it much, so I've tended to drop the issue. Clearly it's only affected some users with some devices.  It doesn't help that I use Apple products, and there can be a bit of a dismissive attitude towards Apple users here on occasion, which doesn't encourage making a fuss.

However you are a significant contributor to the forum and one who spends a lot of time trying to help, and I'm pretty sure you are a Windows tablet user?

Do you fancy joining forces to try and document the issue. I'm thinking if we start a thread how about over the next 2 or 3 days we make an extra effort to screenshot when things go wrong, what we were doing when it goes wrong, and post it all up along with anyone else who feels like helping. Then I'll bring it to the attention of the team. If something happens, great. If not, we know where we stand.

See what happens?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy wrote:

@schnapps Now then onto the more serious matter of all the authentication issues. Yes I agree with you how annoying they are, and I too am plagued quite a bit with them. It did start a good time back and it has been mentioned to the team a good few times. Sometimes I think it's working well, other times it's as bad as ever, it took me 5 goes this morning to send one message.

The problem is when I do mention it, most of the 'regulars' say they don't really notice it much, so I've tended to drop the issue. Clearly it's only affected some users with some devices.  It doesn't help that I use Apple products, and there can be a bit of a dismissive attitude towards Apple users here on occasion, which doesn't encourage making a fuss.

However you are a significant contributor to the forum and one who spends a lot of time trying to help, and I'm pretty sure you are a Windows tablet user?

Do you fancy joining forces to try and document the issue. I'm thinking if we start a thread how about over the next 2 or 3 days we make an extra effort to screenshot when things go wrong, what we were doing when it goes wrong, and post it all up along with anyone else who feels like helping. Then I'll bring it to the attention of the team. If something happens, great. If not, we know where we stand.

See what happens?

@Andy

Would be glad to give my input and report errors if you decide to open a dedicated thread.

I am sure that @ukbobboy would also be happy to contribute, where he has suffered the pesky Authentication Errors with his PC.

If you don't mind can you get the ball rolling.

Thanks 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps Will do!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy

I have got 2 screen shots already to post on the dedicated thread and yes i use my Windows 10 Tablet for posting on the forum (forgot to mention in one of my previous posts sent back to you).

Like i mentioned  before on another thread that we was chatting together, that these Authentication Errors etc have only effected me since becoming pro activate again on the forums in the last 6 to 8 weeks.

Ever since joining on here i never encountered these issues whatsoever, so the NowTV Team must have broken something in the software between the period of Nov 16 to May 17 when i went AWOL Smiley Very Happy

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Forum-Info-Off-Topic-Chat/Authentication-issues-and-other-problems-us...

Thanks for doing this. We'll just keep it up for a day or so there,s a good selection of posts and see what happens (if anything). At least we've done our bit.

PS trying to post on that thread explaining what's happened when it won't let you post properly could be a huge test of what little patience I have! 😄

PPS @ukbobboy if you feel like chipping in on the thread with examples please do, no need to do screenshots if it's a faff but a third perspective would help. Equally don't worry if you don't have time.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy @schnapps

Hey Guys

I'm in 'coz I suffer with those pesky "Authentication Errors" as well, plus they usually happen when I've nearly finish writing a reply-post and, when they occur, if I don't copy and paste quickly enough I loose my post.

So yeah, I'm definitely in.

UK Bob

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

I'm in 'coz I suffer with those pesky "Authentication Errors" as well, plus they usually happen when I've nearly finish writing a reply-post and, when they occur, if I don't copy and paste quickly enough I loose my post. 

How odd...

I'm accessing the forum using Google Chrome and apart from a bit of 'ad blocker' weirdness the forum is working okay...