cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watching now TV on fire stick

Is this possible? Doesn't seem so. Can't screen mirror from android as now TV will only run in app not web browser. Same problem in trying to use web browser eg Firefox on the fire TV stick.

29 REPLIES 29
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

No unfortunately the Fire Stick isn't a supported device, no app and watching in a browser won't work.
Have a look at the following list of supported devices as you might find you already have something that you can watch entertainment on. If not, a NOW TV box is probably your cheapest option.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

If you do have another compatible device such as a games console, Roku, Chromecast etc that you want to set up, you can find more details here

http://help.nowtv.com/article/How-to-Get-NOW-TV-on-your-device

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sort it out.... why can’t the fire stick support it?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agreed. It's ridiculous. You can't even side load it.

@Anonymous User wrote:

Sort it out.... why can’t the fire stick support it?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Given Comcast have recently allowed Amazon on their devices and vice versa in the States, I am hopeful this will happen some time in the future with Now TV. 

I don't own a Now TV/Roku stick, have had in the past, but I have moved over to the Amazon Fire Stick which I personally prefer over NowTV/Roku.

Ideally having Now TV on Amazon Fire TV and Amazon Prime on Now TV is what should be pushed for. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

This is where I got stuck too.

Did you get Ntv on firestick in the end ? 

Seems just not gonna be a combo that works despite what I'd seen on youtube 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried side-loading the firestick app by using the downloader. There are several tecchy sites that claim you can run the Now TV app on firestick and provide download URLs. I have tried three different URLs. The Now TV set-up file will download and you can install the app. However, when you launch it it hangs for a few seconds and then just kicks you out. It does look as if it has been blocked from running (and I have checked the right boxes in settings to enable unknown apps). If anyone has cracked it I would love to know,

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi TP

You know, if someone ever gets the Now TV app to run on an Amazon Fire Stick Now TV will issue an update that will kill or auto delete their app.  You see, Now TV's unsung policy is to zap or not work with any "feature" they do not  explicitly support.

That's just the way these guys roll.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you resolve this ? 

I don't think it's do-able 

@Anonymous User 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
No sadly not. It is clearly blocked. I'm sticking to much more
dependable Google cast and running the Now TV app on my phone etc.

Buying a firestick was a mistake years ago. I have never found it much use.