Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

Warner Brothers DC Universe is starting to Implode

@caseyb1993 @Andy

Guys

I just heard some disturbing news which does not look too good for DCs planned universe, I'll just lay it out and let you decide what to make of it.

1) Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Did not do as well as WB were expecting, this now has set the tone of what may or may not follow. 

2) Flash - The forthcoming movie.

The director, Seth Grahame-Smith, has walked out, i.e. quit the project. 

3) AquamanThe forthcoming movie.

Up and coming young director James Wan has run into creative differences with the bosses at WB.

4) Wonder Woman

Three proposed directors have already turned down the offer of working on this film.

The only good news are as follows:

1) Ben Affleck will have complete creative control over the new Batman film he will star in.

2) The new Justice League film is still going ahead, i.e. production has started.

Can things get any worse?

UK Bob

57 REPLIES 57
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Noooo I wanna watch it! I love Elm Street and I've not seen some of the later films ... But I also want to watch everything else .... And catch up on all the TV shows I'm behind on ... And there's loads on Netflix I need to sign back up for ... And I need to eat ... And sleep ... Life's not fair 😞

Type Chloe Moretz Batgirl into Google and look what you get ... Smiley Frustrated

image.png

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy The first two Freddy films are great but from 3 onwards, eeckkk..... 😞

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993 @Andy @commanda6

Hi Casey

You know, unless my memory is playing tricks on me, I thought "Nightmare on Elm Street" was great and that "Nightmare on Elm Street 2" was utter rubbish (a visual and story telling disaster) because it was written and directed by totally different people from the original. Plus, the producers made the second film very quickly after the first to latch onto the buzz created by the original.

Still, the third "Nightmare on Elm Street" was much better film than the second and, I believe, most "Nightmare" fans don't even count the second film as being part of the franchise.

However, I do know that there have been several remakes that I've not seen and which you may have be writing about.

Slightly confused (but not senile yet).

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy I actually really like the second one. I think that might be because I saw it thinking it was the first one.

Horror was new to me when I first saw it. 😉

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

I hear that Black Tom is turning up in Deadpool 2 and apparently he can manipulate plants and turn himself into one. Can't say I've ever heard of him myself but I'm sure he will be the ###### of a load of delicious Deadpool one-liners - "Man what's that smell, do you use weedkiller for deodorant" etc!

image.jpeg

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy @caseyb1993 @commanda6

Hi Andy

Black Tom Cassidy was an X-Men villain and an Irish criminal gang leader who teamed up with Juggernaut.

When I used to read the X-Men comics, I don't remember Black Tom ever turning himself into a "plant creature" but he is a mutant with special powers and, with Juggernaut (Professor X's step brother), always gave the X-Men a very hard time.  In fact, the Juggernaut on a number of occasions, with and without Black Tom, came very close to beating the X-Men.

Another fun fact, the unstoppable Juggernaut is not a mutant in the comics, unlike in the movies, he got his powers by finding a magic crystal, he is impervious to most mutant based attacks, i.e. both physical and psychic/mental, and only a powerhouse like the Hulk is capable of going "toe to toe" with him.

Black Tom Cassidy.jpg

Juggernaut.jpg

UK Bob

PS.  News coming out of the US seem to indicate that Wonder Woman is going to turn the DCEU around.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Well finally got round to ripping the cellophane off my Elm Street boxset and watched the first couple of films, really enjoyed them both, of course the first is a classic i was familiar with but is virtually forgotten the second and enjoyed it as a typical 80s horror fare. Looking forward to the third which is widely acclaimed and New Nightmare which is supposedly a clever twist on the franchise.

@ukbobboy Interested to know where you got your comment on most Elm fans don't count the second film as canon as I can't find anything about that, I can see the suggested homosexual undercurrents might be less well received in the 80s than now but whilst it may not be a fan-favourite, considering it not part of the franchise is an unusual statement to make.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy The third one was acclaimed? How? It was so corny. 😄 😄

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

I was going off the IMDB ratings which gives the third one the highest rating out of all the sequels, but to be fair it's only got 6.6 so I'll take back the word acclaimed (I couldn't see any Oscar nominations for it!!) and substitute popular! Although apparently Part 4 earned more money than any of the films until Freddy v Jason came along!!! And before you ask I really enjoyed FvJ so clearly I know nothing when it comes to 'great' horror films!!!

In my mind I've seen 3 and 4 before,but in reality it's all that many years ago (don't think I'm seen them again since they first came out on VHS) that I can't remember what happens and the bits I do remember are all blurred together with 1 and 2 that I don't know what was in what, so you'll have to give me chance to watch them again before I work out what I think!!

Still it's interesting reading up about them all, and looking forward to seeing just how good/bad/weird they get!

Talking of FvJ there should be more horror mashups, who would you love to see face-off? Michael Myers is my favourite, I'd love him to take on Jason or maybe an Exorcist/Omen evil kids stare-off

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Andy wrote:

@caseyb1993

I was going off the IMDB ratings which gives the third one the highest rating out of all the sequels, but to be fair it's only got 6.6 so I'll take back the word acclaimed (I couldn't see any Oscar nominations for it!!) and substitute popular! Although apparently Part 4 earned more money than any of the films until Freddy v Jason came along!!! And before you ask I really enjoyed FvJ so clearly I know nothing when it comes to 'great' horror films!!!

In my mind I've seen 3 and 4 before,but in reality it's all that many years ago (don't think I'm seen them again since they first came out on VHS) that I can't remember what happens and the bits I do remember are all blurred together with 1 and 2 that I don't know what was in what, so you'll have to give me chance to watch them again before I work out what I think!!

Still it's interesting reading up about them all, and looking forward to seeing just how good/bad/weird they get!

Talking of FvJ there should be more horror mashups, who would you love to see face-off? Michael Myers is my favourite, I'd love him to take on Jason or maybe an Exorcist/Omen evil kids stare-off

@Andy, 4 and 5 are better than 6 and 7. I'll be fair there. Just Freddy having a daughter was not needed in 6. 😞 

I enjoyed FvJ when it came out as you can't beat two villains from different movies battling it out (this was the first Jason movie I saw as well 🙂 )

If Godzilla vs Sharknado counts then this mashup please! 😄

Also, Wonder Woman looks amazing! I can't wait to (hopefully) see it at cineworld! I was so shocked at reading it has 96% on rotten tomatoes, finally a fantastic score for DC. Girl Power!