Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

Warner Brothers DC Universe is starting to Implode

@caseyb1993 @Andy

Guys

I just heard some disturbing news which does not look too good for DCs planned universe, I'll just lay it out and let you decide what to make of it.

1) Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Did not do as well as WB were expecting, this now has set the tone of what may or may not follow. 

2) Flash - The forthcoming movie.

The director, Seth Grahame-Smith, has walked out, i.e. quit the project. 

3) AquamanThe forthcoming movie.

Up and coming young director James Wan has run into creative differences with the bosses at WB.

4) Wonder Woman

Three proposed directors have already turned down the offer of working on this film.

The only good news are as follows:

1) Ben Affleck will have complete creative control over the new Batman film he will star in.

2) The new Justice League film is still going ahead, i.e. production has started.

Can things get any worse?

UK Bob

57 REPLIES 57
ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy

Hi Andy

No, I was not offended, that's  why my emoji was a friendly disagreement one and nothing more.

The thing is, as forum members we will never agree on everything, our "entertainment taste buds" are definitely different, but in the long term we are more likely to agree on most subjects.

So, as long as we can have friendly discussion without descending into insults and flaming then we are OK.

Catch you later.

UK Bob

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy Phew! That's fine, it's not the disagreeing I was worried about, I think we know by now we definitely have different tastes when it comes to our viewing, and vive la difference, but I would have been annoyed with myself to cause offence unintentionally, so thanks for putting my mind at ease. If I didn't enjoy your threads I wouldn't chip in, but I do, so I do! And I will try harder to make useful contributions as well! Cause celebre! 😉 (can't find the French characters on the iPad).

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy Ah, I was hoping you had some juicy insider gossip on an Elm Street 2 backlash, when you said most fans didn't consider it part of the franchise I was imagining picketing outside cinemas, burning of the film cans in some Wicker-Man-like gathering of frenzied fans! Maybe a Mary Whitehouse protest and discussions of banning dismal Elm Street sequels in Parliament. It's just not like the good old days anymore.

There's a few docs on the boxset so maybe when I get round to watching them I'll have some juicy tales to tell.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy @commanda6 @Andy

Uh Oh!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/henry-cavill-as-superman-warner-bros-dc-universe-shake...

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993 @commanda6 @Andy @SeeMoreDigital

Hi Casey

WB just couldn't help themselves, could they? They got rid of Ben Affleck and now Henry Cavill, at this moment we no longer have an elder war-weary Batman or a cynical Superman in the DCEU (or whatever they're calling it now). 

The WB/DCEU will just keep piloting their train wreck into that inevitable imploding black hole unless they can turn it around by employing some real comic book writing talent and resist the urge to continually interfere.

And, most importantly, someone with the talent and leadership skills to oversee and guide this comic book universe. 

The next few films will tell, i.e. Shazam, Aquaman and Wonder Woman 2

As for Henry Cavill, there is a small hope that he could be picked up by Marvel to play Captain Britain. 

Captain Britain.jpg

UK Bob

PS. Marvel will know how to get the best out of Henry Cavill and Captain Britain

ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993 @commanda6

Hi Casey (and other Superhero fans)

Got a bit more news that I am able to decipher but everything that follows is subject to confirmation (by time itself, rather than any clear official announcement).

OK, here we go:

1) The Wonder Woman 2 film (aka 1984) has had it's release date pushed back to summer 2020 to accommodate some extensive re-shoots, the smart money's on WB\DC will use this time to incorporate Flashpoint, i.e a (so called) soft reboot of the DCEU.

2) Superman will now appear in Shazam, not the Henry Cavill Superman but a new Superman played by a new actor presumably created by Flashpoint.

3) As for Ben Affleck, and although Hollywood has gone silent on this actor, it seems pretty obvious that he will not be playing Batman again, even though he was very good in the part. It seems that WW2's Flashpoint will be used to reboot Batman as well. 

4) As for the Flash movie, that has been pushed back even further due to scheduling difficulties, i.e unable to book a specific time for Ezra Miller, the actor due to play The Flash.

However, I personally believe, because of those said "scheduling difficulties" and the inability for WB\DC to agree on a script, it is very unlikely we will ever see an Ezra Miller Flash movie.

Finally, it is believed that WW2's Flashpoint will be used to reboot some of the DCEU back to year zero, i.e a fresh restart.

If the above turns out to be true then I hope WB\DC make a better go of it the next time around.

UK (Speculative) Bob 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy Wow, DC sure sound like they are in a mess right now. 😮

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

[video]
@caseyb1993 watch is this video and you and you should get a better idea of what is actually going on. Smiley Wink

Remember that half the stuff. No decision has been made on entertainment news sites should be considered a fake news.

EDIT

when I first posted this, I had the video playing in the background, so my PC ended up dictating some of what was being said in the video. I've deleted that stuff, so this should make sense now. 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.