Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

Warner Brothers DC Universe is starting to Implode

@caseyb1993 @Andy

Guys

I just heard some disturbing news which does not look too good for DCs planned universe, I'll just lay it out and let you decide what to make of it.

1) Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Did not do as well as WB were expecting, this now has set the tone of what may or may not follow. 

2) Flash - The forthcoming movie.

The director, Seth Grahame-Smith, has walked out, i.e. quit the project. 

3) AquamanThe forthcoming movie.

Up and coming young director James Wan has run into creative differences with the bosses at WB.

4) Wonder Woman

Three proposed directors have already turned down the offer of working on this film.

The only good news are as follows:

1) Ben Affleck will have complete creative control over the new Batman film he will star in.

2) The new Justice League film is still going ahead, i.e. production has started.

Can things get any worse?

UK Bob

57 REPLIES 57
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993 @Andy @commanda6

Hi Casey

You said,"I was so shocked at reading it has 96% on rotten tomatoes, finally a fantastic score for DC." I totally agree, WB/DC have finally got their act together and have finally made a film that both comic and non-comic book fans can enjoy. I just hope that they can continue this trend and not fall back into their old and discredited ways.

You also mentioned "Girl Power", you know that I can't help but notice it took a woman director, Patty Jenkins, to drag WB/DC into the 21st century and out of it's old and tired misogynistic ways. So now maybe WB will drop the old guard, and their old fashioned film making methodology, and embrace current and forward thinking "behind the scene" talent when making future films, especially those based on comic book characters.

I also hope that now, and in the future, we will not have any further Marvel versus DC nonsense and just talk about good or bad comic book films, anything else is just non-productive nonsense.

(Rant over) I look forward to seeing the wonderful Wonder Woman film.

Catch you later.

Wonder Woman (Movie).jpg

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy

Hi Andy

I will try to answer your query as best as my poor aged memory allows, remember when I first saw these films there was no Internet available and so what I read, or believed I read, is probably lost in the “mist of time”.

OK, what I remember was that “A Nightmare on Elm Street” was a hit and was well liked by horror fans, “A Nightmare on Elm Street 2” was quickly made after the original, was made by a different production team, was not liked and did not follow the themes set out in the first film. However, “A Nightmare on Elm Street 3” brought the film franchise back on track and was seen as the film that “A Nightmare on Elm Street 2” should have been.

As for the main theme of “A Nightmare on Elm Street 2”, I actually do not remember how it departed from the main premise of the first film, just that it did and it was highly disliked because of it.

Still, we are talking about films/videos I saw over 30 something years ago (back in the Beta vs VHS tape days) and may be my memory is playing tricks on me.

Confused 2.jpg

Catch you later.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993 @Andy @commanda6

Hi Guys

Going completely off subject for a moment, ever since I loaded Microsoft's security update on my PC today I'm having some minor difficulty posting stuff on this forum.

Not looking for a solution, just making an observation.

UK Bob

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

...ever since I loaded Microsoft's security update on my PC today I'm having some minor difficulty posting stuff on this forum.

Do you have a version number?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

ukbobboy wrote:I'm having some minor difficulty posting stuff on this forum.

Think yourself lucky, the forum hasn't worked properly on the iPad for the best part of a year now. It's less irritating and more amusing now.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

PS Supergirl season finale - woah! Better than Arrow, Flash and Legends put together (imo ofc)

ukbobboy
Legend

@SeeMoreDigital @Andy @caseyb1993 @commanda6

Hi Guys

1) SMD

I have a KB number for my security update, i.e. KB4012598.

Hope that helps but, as I said, I'm just making an observation.

2) Andy

Again, I have to disagree with you, although Supergirl's finale was good but I enjoyed Legends more.

In fact, I think I know what happened to Mon El.  If CW follows the comics then Mon El will end up in the Phantom Zone where he will languish for years until a serum is developed in the 25th century, by the Legion of Super-Heroes, that will cure him of his lead weakness. 

UK Bob

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

%#¥ me @ukbobboy you disagree with me? Never saw that one coming! 😉

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy

You know Andy

We just can't agree on anything nowadays.

Here is the result of a "friendly" disagreement:

Disagreement.jpg

Catch you later.

UK Bob

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy Hopefully you knew my last comment was intended to be humorous due to the 'winky face' but it's notoriously easy to be misunderstood on forums when you're talking to 'real-life strangers' and you only have words on a page to go by, and as a perfect example of that I can't tell from your post whether I've offended you or not, so I just want to make sure if I have that you know it was unintentional and I apologise if I have.

@commanda6 and I take the mickey out of each other all the time over our inability to agree with each other but we understand we do it in jest and I always think of him as my forum 'little brother' , but I feel we aren't quite N on the same level of 'understanding each other' so just wanted to make sure you know I enjoy chatting with you and would feel really bad if I thought I'd offended you.

I do try and post info I come across that I think you will find interesting but I'm aware I don't have a grounding in comic-book lore and so a lot of my contributions to your threads are a bit trivial, and as a result probably irritate rather than educate. I'll try and do better going forward!

PS I've never given anyone a black eye in real-life (although I've never caught anyone trying to nick my Planet of the Apes Blurays yet) so I hope your virtual shiner heals up quickly! It's a corker! 😉