cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Walking Dead chat *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

@Lindzi Had to tell someone!! Guess what!! There's some 'big' deaths coming in season 8 according to show runners!

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2017/09/21/the-walking-dead-deaths-war-spoilers-gimple-/

I'm thinking big deaths ... actor who plays Carl wants to spend more time on studies ... Is our wish finally coming true?!?

This could be the moment we've been waiting for ...

image.jpeg

1,032 REPLIES 1,032
Lindzi
Elite 2

@Lindzi

That's no way to talk about a great channel watched by millions........ ALTHOUGH, I am strongly considering dumping BT TV in the near future, so like You and @Andy I may soon be AMCless.

Also, would Amazon Prime not welcome it if you dropped them an email to ask when FTWD season 4 was going to be free on their service????

@Anonymous User

Good idea about emailing them, I will try that and see if I get a response. It is quite frustrating seeing it there but I refuse to buy episodes of anything as it'll be included in the subscription at some point. Just need to see what Morgan is up to Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi wrote:

@Lindzi

That's no way to talk about a great channel watched by millions........ ALTHOUGH, I am strongly considering dumping BT TV in the near future, so like You and @Andy I may soon be AMCless.

Also, would Amazon Prime not welcome it if you dropped them an email to ask when FTWD season 4 was going to be free on their service????

@Anonymous User

Good idea about emailing them, I will try that and see if I get a response. It is quite frustrating seeing it there but I refuse to buy episodes of anything as it'll be included in the subscription at some point. Just need to see what Morgan is up to Smiley Happy

@Lindzi

I am hoping that one day I might venture in to Amazon Prime land and when I do I will not be paying for stuff that will be free if you just wait....... why do they operate their service in that way???  If they put their prices up a bit would folk not mind if everything they had then became free???

Again, FTWD season 4 on DVD on 3rd December...... maybe at that point it is futile for Prime to keep charging and S4 will become free????

Lots of good Morgan action in S4, so I'm sure you'll enjoy once you finally get to see it.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi wrote:

Noooooo!!! I bet they'll be on that stupid AMC channel Smiley Mad

Still no sign of FTWD season 4 free on Prime, I won't be able to take another spin off being around 12 months behind broadcast.

@Lindzi @Anonymous User That is the annoying part of all these competing TV and streaming services, the shows you want to watch inevitably end up spread across so many different ones you can't watch them all unless you're willing to sign up for everything. With Apple, Disney and DC (in the US initially) all entering the streaming video market it's going to get even worse. As I can only watch so many shows at a time I usually end up channel hopping with a month of Amazon Prime here (hardly anything on that I like to watch, got bored with High Castle, gave up on Mr Robot and FTWD, loved Exorcist and quite liked Jack Ryan but watched them now), quite a bit of Netflix (plenty on there that I like) and a few months of NOW TV here. It's increasingly hard work keeping track of where everything is and when tho - a bit too much like hard work if you ask me! 

I still miss the days of Dodgy Dave's VHS rental shop - just pop down on a Friday after work, a couple of quid and that's the rest of the week sorted - couldn't see what you wanted, just ask, under the counter, nudge nudge wink wink no questions asked! 

7e4f981c16b2f9d030788e63a02c4b23.jpg

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy 

I'm with you on that!! Prime is the worst one for content but just started Jack Ryan, as I liked the look of that, but nothing on there makes me want to subscribe for any length of time. Now TV and Netflix I have to admit are constantly subcribed to

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy@Lindzi

As time goes by my rose tinted specs are misting up fondly for the days of when all we had to bother with was terrestrial TV, even before CH5 came along...... anything on BBC, no, anything on ITV, no, right, bedtime!!!!!

If @Andy is right with all these future developments and the widespread nature and cost of future TV, it might be time to cut the plug of the tele' and take up book reading!!!!  I was never that interested in video rentals, but nice to know that @Andy and his past viewing habits had to be sneaked home in a brown paper bag!!

I've never had Netflix or Prime (I tend to be a late abodpter of fancy technology) and the content of Prime does sort of make me think it's not that worth it, but Netflix does seem more appealing....... wouldn't mind seeing things like Stranger Things or Altered Carbon or Black Lightning, so maybe one day Netflix will be on my radar (especially as their stuff is incredibly slow to DVD).

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

wouldn't mind seeing things like Stranger Things or Altered Carbon or Black Lightning, so maybe one day Netflix will be on my radar (especially as their stuff is incredibly slow to DVD).

@Anonymous User Stranger Things = amazing (esp S1), Altered Carbon =not bad, Black Lightning = surprisingly good plus loads of other delights awaiting you ... The Expanse = stick with it, Lost in Space = great fun, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina = enjoyable (no really!), The Haunting of Hill House = spooky! plus you have all the Netflix Marvel superhero shows (bored of them after first few seasons but you might enjoy them) and so on ....

You get your first month free so easy to give a spin - with the mid-season breaks of lots of shows coming up might be a good oppo to give it a whirl without adding to the Xmas wallet bashing!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

I'm sure I'll hit Netflix at some point, possibly in 2019....... might need to trim some things first like my BT TV, which could be on borrowed time, so we'll see what happens.

I like your quick review summary of shows, but your 'amazing' for Stranger Things makes me even more depressed that a UK DVD release is still non-existant, I'm sure I'd have got that by now.  I do like the Arrowverse and I have recently spotted that Black Lightning Blu-Ray/DVD is out in January, so might give that a whirl.  Before streaming kills them off completely, I do like to keep up with the odd DVD or Blu-Ray.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Lindzi

Well the mid-season teaser trailer dropped yesterday and here it is in all it's not-revealing-anything-at-all-really-apart-from-a-glimpse-of-Samantha-Morton glory 

https://youtu.be/OwaenrcWsoU

And with that I'll wish you both a fab Xmas full of Gremlins movie marathons and the like, and look forward to lots more Walking Dead moaning and celebrating in 2019! Have a good one peeps! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy@Lindzi

Now, was that a Walking Dead trailer OR a trailer for the BBC's Great British Sewing Bee...... top notch sewing???????  Bring on the second half of the season.

....and a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to one and all!!!!!

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy   @Anonymous User

Oh yes! They did creepy....love it 

Bring it on I can't wait, we have TWD and then GoT..... so have a lovely relaxing Christmas and then back to it for 2019 🙂

Keep the change ya filthy animal 😉