cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Voice joke

Not going to please those unhappy with ads BUT has anyone else spotted NowTVs April Fools joke this morning?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User At least it wasn't an ad announcing they were going to scrap all pre-episode ads from now on ... That would have been an April Fools prank too far ...😐

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Nope, i haven't seen it yet.

Are you going to tell us on here to put us out of our misery or do you expect us to sit through all those annoying Ads :smileymad

I did see an advert on weekend about all the best drama's on Sky, where they showed some of their top TV shows (but thought to myself that might go down like a lead balloon in some peoples books when two of the TV shows that they was show casing to promote Sky are not currently available on Sky). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps

It was an ad showcasing a new addition to NowTV software arriving on (guess when) April 1st. They showed a few clips of movies with the actors voices altered. One such change a childs voice replacing that of an adult actor. For Mel Gibson in Braveheart the dialogue was over-dubbed with the sound of an animal. The blurb promised this new user controlled app would arrive today (April 1st).

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User At least it wasn't an ad announcing they were going to scrap all pre-episode ads from now on ... That would have been an April Fools prank too far ...😐

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andywrote:

To be honest I hadn't had an ad for about 4 days and then this appeared. My first thought was "###### they're back" and the second was "this isn't so much an April Fools as a bleedin' wind up" seeing as how there's so much resentment of the ads to begin with. Pretty sure the irony would be lost on them Smiley Sad