cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Using my Now Tv.

I am assuming that I can move my Now Tv box  and use it on another tv in the house. My wife would like to use it on the set in the bedroom. I expect this is the silly question of the day but if I bought another box would I still have to pay a suscription for the extra box?

5 REPLIES 5
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Yes you can move the box around, as long as the TV has a HDMI port you should be fine.

You can have up to four devices registered to your account (and watch on up to two at the same time) so as long as you haven't used up all your device slots you can buy another box, log in with the same username and you can watch your passes on it at no extra cost.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Andy

Hi David

Just so you know, from a real situation, I had two Now TV boxes operating from one account, my son had one and I had the other.  However, I have since swapped out my Now TV box for a Roku 3, still operating from the same single account, and my son is still happily using his Now TV box.

As Andy said, you can use up to 4 devices on the same single account without any problems, it's just that you can only use two devices at the same time.

Hope this clears up the doubts you had.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So just to be sure. You are saying I can buy another Now Tv box and still only pay one monthly subscription for this service for both boxes. You also say that only two can be used in the house at the same time which would suit very well but has there been any reception problems in the past or just for once tec problems will not out of the woodwork and haunt me.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

David

There are no technical or any other downside to having more than one box in your household, as long as your modem/router is OK then you'll be OK.

UK Bob 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Yes you can buy another box and still only pay one monthly subscription. 

As for tech problems the only issue may be poor wifi reception in the room you are moving the box to, but you'll easily find that out when you come to move your box - just unplug everything, connect back up to the new TV and all being well it should boot up and connect as normal. 

(If your box is the larger 'Smart NOW TV box' that also allows you to connect your rooftop aerial to it as well then obviously reception may be different if you are connecting to a different aerial, but again you'll soon find out when you try moving it). 

If all works fine when you connect to the new TV, you should have no trouble when you buy a new box.