Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisJames47
Contributor 1

Re: universal remote

I used

@Andy wrote:

@Varkanoid

I don't use Harmony remotes myself but I do recall a user with the same problem of jumping two places instead of one, and they apparently fixed it by changing the delay time between issuing commands. I can't remember what delay they used and i can't find the post at the mo but might be worth experimenting with the delay to see ifyou can get it right.

https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/adjusting-a-devices-inter-key-delay

I used a Harmony Remote with my orginal Now TV box (both white and black versions) and yes, it did used to jump two with a single keyboard press, however it does not do this with the Smart TV box.  If this is the one you have got or are buying you may not have the problem.

garyalman
First Poster

NowTV Remote control codes

I've got a Bose Universal remote. But the NowTV box or a Roku box is not listed in the remote codes they provide. Does anyone know the remote code for the NowTV remote? - Thanks

0 Thanks
NOW TV Team Aaron-R
NOW TV Team

Re: NowTV Remote control codes

@garyalman wrote:

I've got a Bose Universal remote. But the NowTV box or a Roku box is not listed in the remote codes they provide. Does anyone know the remote code for the NowTV remote? - Thanks

@garyalman

Hi Gary

Our boxes are not compatable with these universal remotes although you can download the Roku app for free which works as a remote from your mobile phone

Thanks

Aaron

0 Thanks
olesya
First Poster

universal remote

Hi,

is it possib;e to set up my samsung smart TV univeral remote to work with now tv box? When trying to set up, I've tried entering now tv box model number, nut nothing is found. Am I doing something wrong? 

0 Thanks
NOW TV Team Tony-D
NOW TV Team

Hi @olesya 

Unfortunately, at this time i don't think this is possible. The only alternative to a NOW TV Remote is the Roku app available on iOS and Android :/

0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital Champion 5
Champion 5

I guess it depends on the functionality of the universal remote. Some universal remotes offer a (IR) 'learning' function Smiley Wink

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

0 Thanks
Mark_Weinreb
Advocate 3

@olesya@Tony-D@SeeMoreDigital

All the Harmony remotes can control the Now TV boxes without any problems. Just select "now" as the manufacturer and "now tv" as the model. It will be confirmed as "Sky Now TV'.

0 Thanks
LunaticSatsuma
First Poster

On a One 4 All urc 7140 remote, I used Sky code 2467 and then used the learning function on the remote to programme the arrow keys, OK key, rewind, play, pause, fast forward, back and home buttons. The home button, I copied to "guide" on the remote. Some buttons took a few goes to copy correctly but they all work now. Hope this helps.

0 Thanks
Confused07
First Poster

Re: Universal remote

Hi could you help me please I've just ordered a new remote for my now tv box but accidentally ordered a smart remote will it still work on my older box?
0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital Champion 5
Champion 5

Re: Universal remote

Yes the remote will still work @Confused07 Smiley Happy

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

0 Thanks