cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Universal remote

Hi, can anyone recommend an all4one Universal remote that can be use with nowtv smart box? I wish to be able to control TV standby/volume as well as all the usual nowtv remote features eg. Home/back etc

Thanks
Mark
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too have the Harmony 650 but I tried Now and Now TV but it just sets the device as Sky / Now TV. I take it this is right as Sky own Now TV.

Only issue I have is when its set to My TV, My AV and Now TV it switches them all on but the remote defaults to the TV rather than the Now TV box. For instance I use the Music button for Watch Now TV and if I press say Home on the display my TV's home page appears not the Now TV home page. I have to first press say home on the now tv remote then the Harmony controls the Now TV box. Also the Harmony remote has bad key repeat. Eg if I press right once on the remote the cursor moves two places to the right. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I don't use Harmony remotes myself but I do recall a user with the same problem of jumping two places instead of one, and they apparently fixed it by changing the delay time between issuing commands. I can't remember what delay they used and i can't find the post at the mo but might be worth experimenting with the delay to see ifyou can get it right.

https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/adjusting-a-devices-inter-key-delay

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I used

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User

I don't use Harmony remotes myself but I do recall a user with the same problem of jumping two places instead of one, and they apparently fixed it by changing the delay time between issuing commands. I can't remember what delay they used and i can't find the post at the mo but might be worth experimenting with the delay to see ifyou can get it right.

https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/adjusting-a-devices-inter-key-delay

I used a Harmony Remote with my orginal Now TV box (both white and black versions) and yes, it did used to jump two with a single keyboard press, however it does not do this with the Smart TV box.  If this is the one you have got or are buying you may not have the problem.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got a Bose Universal remote. But the NowTV box or a Roku box is not listed in the remote codes they provide. Does anyone know the remote code for the NowTV remote? - Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I've got a Bose Universal remote. But the NowTV box or a Roku box is not listed in the remote codes they provide. Does anyone know the remote code for the NowTV remote? - Thanks

@Anonymous User

Hi Gary

Our boxes are not compatable with these universal remotes although you can download the Roku app for free which works as a remote from your mobile phone

Thanks

Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does this remote works on sky now tv box (white)? 
Remote link 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The remote control on the link will not work due to it works over RF (radio frequency) where the white nowtv box works over IR (infra red).

If you are looking at a replacement remote for your white box, then you will need a nowtv remote controller from either a white, black or smart nowtv box. 

Alternatively you can use the Roku remote control App on an IOS, Android or Windows phone or tablet. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. That remote will work in theory for all the important buttons (home, back, play, REW, FF , star, etc, the shortcut buttons at the bottom obviously won't work) but I can't vouch for the build quality or reliability of that.

I'd recommend buying a genuine replacement from the Sky accessories store for £5 inc P&P 

https://accessories.sky.com/catalogue/now-tv/all

although as mentioned if you have an Android/iOS phone/tablet you could download the official Roku remote app for free and use that to control the box instead, if you prefer.

Edit: having said that if you have the White box currently it's getting pretty long in the tooth and slow now, rather than spending money on a new remote you might want to bite the bullet and upgrade to a new black NOW TV box instead.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Please ignore my previous post where i have given you some wrong information (my bad) Smiley Sad

I totally agree with @Andy and would invest in a replacement black box where the white box is a little long in the tooth now and does seem to struggle with the more power hungry apps out there.

Should you go down the black box route, then make sure that your TV has an HDMI port (just in case you are currently using an ageing older TV set).

If you decide to use the Roku Remote App on your mobile device, then try to avoid any factory reset on the box, where you would need a working nowtv remote to initially setup the box again.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tlink it'd about time u find a way to connect universal remotes because the app is useless without Internet and I watch the TV on there problem with fat cat companies like NOW TV you Have to use there own crap wouldn't mind but the first 2 boxes I bought didn't work properly same crap remotes break easy but that doesn't matter to now tv because the make millions on faulty crap just an FYI all evidence on your faulty money grabbing ###### will be posted via social media and newspapers....... Look out for it