cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Types of devices

Hi, can anyone give me a rundown of the different boxes and the difference in them? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Perhaps have a read of this, where there is a comparison between all nowtv boxes and nowtv stick.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Now_TV_(Sky)

I would avoid the white box which is first generations and doesn't support all the Apps such has Netflix, UKTV Play or nowtv Hayu Pass.

The 2nd generation black box would be the cheapest option to buy (if you can find stock anywhere from retailers unless you try Ebay).

The first generation smart box offers live Freeview channels (need to connect to TV aerial to take advantage of Freeview).

The new 4K smart box offers voice control smart remote for searching for nowtv content and offers up to 4K playback on Netflix, YouTube and BBC iPlayer (no live Freeview channels and nowtv content is 720p).

There is also the nowtv stick with voice control search smart remote with a maximum resolution output of 1080p (where nowtv only currently streams at 720p). 

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask the forum members on here.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Perhaps have a read of this, where there is a comparison between all nowtv boxes and nowtv stick.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Now_TV_(Sky)

I would avoid the white box which is first generations and doesn't support all the Apps such has Netflix, UKTV Play or nowtv Hayu Pass.

The 2nd generation black box would be the cheapest option to buy (if you can find stock anywhere from retailers unless you try Ebay).

The first generation smart box offers live Freeview channels (need to connect to TV aerial to take advantage of Freeview).

The new 4K smart box offers voice control smart remote for searching for nowtv content and offers up to 4K playback on Netflix, YouTube and BBC iPlayer (no live Freeview channels and nowtv content is 720p).

There is also the nowtv stick with voice control search smart remote with a maximum resolution output of 1080p (where nowtv only currently streams at 720p). 

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask the forum members on here.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, was asking as have the smart black box in the lounge but the white one in  The bedroom,  so bought another black box off eBay for my bedroom so I could watch Netflix  But the  Power cable from the white one is a different size fitting! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Was the black box that you bought from Ebay for your bedroom the nowtv Freeview smart box like shown in the picture below ?

I would say try the Sky Accessorises Shop, but i haven't seen a power adapter for the Freeview smart box on their website in months Smiley Sad

Smart_Box_main.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No, it is this one 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I would normally say try the Sky Accessories Shop, but just checked their website and they haven't got any stock of the power adapter for the nowtv black box shown in your photo Smiley Sad

https://accessories.sky.com/catalogue/now-tv/all

When you purchased the black nowtv box from Ebay, did the Ebay seller mention there was no power adapter supplied ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought it without accessories,  not realising the plug from the white one was a different size 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If that's the case you may have to track down a replacement nowtv black box power adpator from Ebay or Amazon or bite the bullet and buy another nowtv box complete with all the accessories included.

Sorry i couldn't offer any other advice, unless somebody who lives close to you have a replacement power adpator or are going to free cycle a nowtv box, where i know a lot of people on the forum (including me) used to buy these black nowtv boxes just for the bundled vouchers.

You could chance your luck and have a moan at nowtv live chat that Sky Accessorises Shop has no stock of the black power adapter's and maybe being cheeky ask them is there any chance of a free nowtv stick due to no stock of the power adpator on their Sky Shop website ?

No harm in trying i suppose.