cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

Trouble Shooting Aid

Dear NowTV Team & Forum Members

From time to time NowTV users come to the forum with a variety of problems, and one of the questions they are always asked is what version of the OS, app, etc. are your running?

I was thinking, wouldn't it be useful if you could visit the forum and see, in a designated area, the latest version of the OS that should be running on your (white, black or combo) box, app on your smart TV, app on your android device, etc.

At the very least users will know what they should have and will update their devices if they need to.

And it could help to also cut down on simple issues such as running out of date software.

If this suggestion seems OK then please add it to the Ideas section.

UK Bob

3 REPLIES 3
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

Dear NowTV Team & Forum Members

I was thinking, wouldn't it be useful if you could visit the forum and see, in a designated area, the latest version of the OS that should be running on your (white, black or combo) box, app on your smart TV, app on your android device, etc.

At the very least users will know what they should have and will update their devices if they need to.

And it could help to also cut down on simple issues such as running out of date software.

If this suggestion seems OK then please add it to the Ideas section.

UK Bob

Hi @ukbobboy

You of course mean the smart box rather than combo box Smiley Wink the smart box can be brought on its own without signing up to the NowTV combo. I think it's a good suggestion.

In fact, many moons ago. They used to be a topic on the forum, which was very similar to what you described. NowTV themselves would post in the topic when a software update became available for the original white box

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
ukbobboy
Legend

@commanda6

Hi C6

You are right about my error in differentiating the smart box from the combo box, as I do not use that device I, therefore, did not immediately see the differences between the two types of usage.  However, I've now got it.

You know, I had no idea that "back in the day" the NowTV team notified users when software updates would be available, it seems like that system would be worth it's weight in gold. 

However, I wonder why they stopped posting OS updates?

UK Bob

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

@commanda6

Hi C6

You are right about my error in differentiating the smart box from the combo box, as I do not use that device I, therefore, did not immediately see the differences between the two types of usage.  However, I've now got it.

@ukbobboy  The smart box is included as part of the package with the NowTV combo. The box is exactly the same whether you get it through signing up for the combo or not

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.