The Defenders are Coming:

Defenders.jpg

UK Bob

43 REPLIES 43
ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy @caseyb1993

Hi Andy

You surprise me when you said, "Luke Cage didn't wow me at all", still, I always knew our entertainment taste buds reacted differently to various films and TV programs.  However, I do agree that Iron Fist was not up to Netflix usual high standards and that Stranger Things was surprising good.

You will be happy to know that Netflix is working on producing a second season of Stranger Things but I have not heard or seen anything yet about a possible release date.

Going back to the Defenders, that series will only contain eight episodes, rather than Netflix usual 13, and will have Sigourney Weaver as the main villain, plus I've seen all the trailers released so far.  I can't see how the Defenders series can fail.

Hi Casey

You know, I've not seen The Greasy Strangler and, apart from the obvious title, have no idea what it's about.

And Finally Guys

Did you know that there is an extended version of the movie The Punisher, starring Thomas Jane and John Travolta, I certainly didn't until my son loaned me the DVD. 

I bring this up because I am a fan of "Director's/Extended Cuts" of films and, of course, believe that they tend to be better than the butchered cinema releases, e.g. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Batman Vs Superman and even the underrated Daredevil movie starring Ben Affleck.

And really finally

I hope you guys have managed to keep your computer OSes, anti-virus software up to date and not being tempted to open unexpected emails or suspicious (too good to be true) Internet files because, as you no doubt have heard, there is a viral, worm-type scourge shooting around the world and infecting computers like wild fire.

So be vigilant and be safe.

UK Bob 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy "You know, I've not seen The Greasy Strangler and, apart from the obvious title, have no idea what it's about."

It was a movie @Andy "recommended", which I really wish he didn't. 😮

It is on NOWTV but it is a proper cringefest. 😉

"I hope you guys have managed to keep your computer OSes, anti-virus software up to date and not being tempted to open unexpected emails or suspicious (too good to be true) Internet files because, as you no doubt have heard, there is a viral, worm-type scourge shooting around the world and infecting computers like wild fire."

Mine is perfectly safe as I use my Kindle Fire more than anything just to use this forum and Facebook mainly. 🙂

I'm still being super careful though. 😉

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

You will be happy to know that Netflix is working on producing a second season of Stranger Things but I have not heard or seen anything yet about a possible release date.

@ukbobboy That's easy ... Halloween! And I can't wait!

https://youtu.be/9Egf5U8xLo8

ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993 @Andy @commanda6

Hi Guys

I came across this Defenders montage and thought it was good enough to share.

Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlKVG2u7ZSY

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy @Andy

Check out the poster for The Punisher!!

skjfei

I cannot wait for this!! (Didn't see the end of Daredevil season 2 so no spoilers!!) 😉

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

When I saw the email notification I thought we were talking about Defenders ... I was going to say you need to get caught up in Luke Cage and Iron Fist first! I always get my words ending in -ers mixed up! 😄

Should be good, although I personally think they all drag on a little, I'd prefer then as 8 episodes a series to keep them leaner and meaner .... Don't worry I know everyone will disagree so need to say anything! 😉

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy @caseyb1993

Guys

Just came across these two trailers, Defenders and Justice League, enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I4Rm-FiLOM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LPcSS3XIgs

Later

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

Well Guys & Super Hero Fans

This is not a review, just my overall thoughts

Netflix dropped the Defenders yesterday (18th) and I have been binge watching like no tomorrow, suffice to say I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The first three episodes spent time getting the protagonists in place and explaining the reasons for their actions.  However, I felt that three episodes was a bit too long to get the players into place, it could have been achieved in less than two.

Still, the action started at the end of episode three and carried through at a brisk pace until the final episode.

When the characters first met there were all doubtful about teaming up to take down this evil that was more than each of them could handle separately and, thanks to a character from the Daredevil series, one of the Defenders actually walks out.

However, despite their individual reluctance they decide, for the greater good, to stick together until this evil is stopped, one way or another.

The Punisher

Did not appear in the Defenders but, I understand that, he is going to have his own season of 13 episodes which is most likely to drop on 17th November.

My Speculation for the Defenders

The following is purely my speculative thoughts for each Defender.

1) Daredevil.

Daredevil as an individual character is strong enough to carry his own series but I would like to see one of the other Defenders, such as Jessica Jones or Luke Cage, make an appearance in his next season of shows.

2) Jessica Jones

This lady is definitely a lone wolf and would not appreciate anyone else, apart from Luke Cage, stepping in to help her. She does not play well with others but maybe (just maybe) ex detective Misty Knight and dojo owner Colleen Wing (sidekicks for Luke Cage and Iron Fist) could help her out once in awhile.

Misty Knight & Colleen Wing.jpg

3) Luke Cage & Iron Fist

Iron Fist, unfortunately, is not a strong enough character to carry a whole season of episodes on his own, and since he and Luke Cage are destined to form "Heroes for Hire", therefore the next season for both characters should be combined into an eight episode season of  Heroes for Hire.

Heroes for Hire.jpg

Finally, I think that Netflix should stick to making eight episodes per season, rather than 13, that way the story will always be sharp and on point. 

UK Bob 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy @Andy

Save the date!

The Punisher is on Netflix on the 17th November!! 🙂 🙂

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Thanks, but I'm afraid The Punisher doesn't take my fancy, I'll be leaving that for you and Bob to enjoy! 🙂