cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Super bumper fun TV adverts fom childhood thread

@caseyb1993 @schnapps @ukbobboy and anyone else with an infantile sense of humour

So here it is, the super bumper fun TV adverts from childhood thread (blame Casey she started it with Rowntree's Fruit Pastilles .... the only thing you can really do with a Rowntree's Fruit Pastille is .... you know the rest!)

Nobody likes watching ads these days they just lack the smile, childish elegance of our rose-tinted youth (ie everything was naff but we thought it was fab at the time).

So regardless of age, share your favourite TV ads from your yoof. The funnier, wittier, or sing-along-addictive the better.

I've got SOOOO many to choose from, but here's a couple of my favourites to kick things off.

The Smash mashed potato alien robots from

https://youtu.be/ofv5Ca1LD8U

And my all time favourite PG Tips chimp ad (I LOOOVE a good monkey ad), Mr Shifter the removal chimp ... All together now .... "Cooeeeeee Mr Shifter...."

https://youtu.be/m3F0nnPHyWo

150 REPLIES 150
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Trust All4 to have it, I've not got a good excuse now! I was thinking I really ought to make an effort to watch some Xmas movies this year. I mean I do watch Xmas movies, but my list includes things like The Shining, Gremlins, Die Hard, Silent Night DeadlyNight, Black Christmas, The Thing ... you get the idea! 😄

I've watched Home Alone a few times, and I did watch Home Alone 2 once, but that's bout as Xmassy as I get.

Any suggestions?☃

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy ...Krampus...

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Seen that, loved that, already on my Xmas movie watching list! 😄

I mean't 'proper' Xmas movies, like when everyone says aww I love watching Xmas movies and then they say stuff like White Christmas and a Christmas Carol and I'm thinking 'what's wrong with The Shining ... It's got snow in it!' 😄

I have started a few actually over the years ... Muppet Christmas Carol, Polar Express, Miracle on 30something Street ... never got to the end of them tho! 😁

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Rick and Morty are in it?!???!?!!?

Are you messing with my head ........😳

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy ...Rick/Morty is in it but can you guess who... 😉

Edit: I'm not messing with ya, Justin Roiland's voice is in there but not exactly as our beloved duo. 😉

Sorry I decided to move that last bit to a new post. 🙂

Daddy's home 2 is a good Christmas film. When it comes to NOWTV at some point, I recommend you see it next Christmas lol.

I'm not really a lover of Christmas films myself, they are to blah.

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Oooooooooooo interesting! I didn't know who R&M was last year so that would have gone straight over my head! I was probably gonna rewatch that over Xmas anyway but I'll def make sure I do now and let you know when I've spotted it! 

Edit: Beauty and the Beast is on NOW TV Xmas Day, if I watch the snowy bits of that I reckon I can call it a Xmas movie as well, job done! 😄

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 So I watched Krampus again and didn't spot R&M bloke at all. Looked up on IMDb and apparently he played Lumpy or something but I don't know which character that was! Guessing either the gingerbread men or an elf, but apart from squeaky voices I haven't a clue! If you could tell it was him without any clues you're a genius! 😄

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy Correct! He does voice a gingerbread man!

To be honest, I can't tell which one he voiced as all of them have what you said  squeaky voices. 😄

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 It's not Spielberg but I do like that film, all the actors are decent and it has a Gremlins feel to it! It's on my regular Xmas movie list now! 

PS you still on Netflix? You must watch Silent Night, Deadly Night, it's an absolute classic in the slasher genre, will definitely get you in the Xmas spirit! 😄

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Sad news about Toys R Us. 😞

I'll just please this classic ad, that I loved at Christmas time, here.  🙂

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5qpEVl-Q-Ks