cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Super bumper fun TV adverts fom childhood thread

@caseyb1993 @schnapps @ukbobboy and anyone else with an infantile sense of humour

So here it is, the super bumper fun TV adverts from childhood thread (blame Casey she started it with Rowntree's Fruit Pastilles .... the only thing you can really do with a Rowntree's Fruit Pastille is .... you know the rest!)

Nobody likes watching ads these days they just lack the smile, childish elegance of our rose-tinted youth (ie everything was naff but we thought it was fab at the time).

So regardless of age, share your favourite TV ads from your yoof. The funnier, wittier, or sing-along-addictive the better.

I've got SOOOO many to choose from, but here's a couple of my favourites to kick things off.

The Smash mashed potato alien robots from

https://youtu.be/ofv5Ca1LD8U

And my all time favourite PG Tips chimp ad (I LOOOVE a good monkey ad), Mr Shifter the removal chimp ... All together now .... "Cooeeeeee Mr Shifter...."

https://youtu.be/m3F0nnPHyWo

150 REPLIES 150
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy How can I take the stairs with a trolley and ALL 3 lifts broken?  😮

The travelator is great usually though! It is like being on The Jetsons! 😄

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 wrote:

@Andy How can I take the stairs with a trolley and ALL 3 lifts broken?  😮

The travelator is great usually though! It is like being on The Jetsons! 😄

Talking of the Jetsons what was everyone's favourite cartoons as a little kid. No surprise that I loved Scooby Doo (had a crush on Daphne)

image.jpeg

Wacky Races (had a crush on Penelope Pitstop) 

image.jpeg

Captain Caveman (had a crush on all three Teen Angels)

image.png

and Battle of the Planets was great which I've since found out was a Japanese anime cut up and made into new stories (had a crush on Princess)

image.jpeg

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Scooby Doo and Wacky Racers 100% for me. 

The other 2 before my time maybe.

But I have to add....

Street Sharks

Sharks.jpg

TMNT

Turtles.jpg

Biker mice from Mars

Image result for BMFM

Transformers

Image result for Transformers cartoon

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F Oh yeah Transformers were ace, especially before Michael Bay got his hands on them! 😉

PS who did you want to win in Wacky Races. I was always a Muttley fan, if only he'd chosen a different partner!

PPS remember the Captain Caveman relatives The Sl**g Brothers? Pat Pending's wild inventions were great too!

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

For me @Andy is Peter Perfect, just because of the car. 

haha

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F wrote:

For me @Andy is Peter Perfect, just because of the car. 

haha

@Karl-F Not on a NOW TV salary Karl, I reckon it's The Boulder Mobile for you I'm afraid! 😉

image.gif

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Haha I agree. 

That kind of looks like my car now. 

I'd much rather roll in one of these:

Image result for fred flintstone car

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Could talk about toys forever! I do remember spending far too many hours develop early carpel tunnel syndrome on Astro Wars which for youngsters like @caseyb1993 is basically a Game Boy that can only play space invaders, and not avert good space invaders at that! Omg it was just the most amazing thing ever at the time.

image.jpeg

And before that I have fond memories of my Six Million Dollar Man action figure with super trendy red tracksuit and amazing bionic eye and ratcheting arm. The best bit was rolling up his fake skin arm to see all the bionic bits underneath!

image.jpeg

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy

My Brother had The Six Million Dollar Man action figure, where i had "Action Man".

@caseyb1993    My Nice is a similar age to you and when she was younger before she was SIMS mad on the computer, she had a collection of Furby's (do you remember them) including the Gizmo version.

intro.jpg 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy @Karl-F 

Heck, how did I miss this?

My favourites were definitely:

Arthur

The Cramp Twins

184_cramp_twins_gemenii_98618

Recess (RIP Toon Disney 😞 )

5ebe239bccf193c211b666ecbbb9cee5

As a toddler, I have fond memories of TotsTV, Rosie & Jim, Tweenies and Teletubbies. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂