cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Smart stick

Since using a smart stick, two TV's have malfunctioned by turning off my streaming..!! A 3 year old Samsung and a practically new Sony!  A TV engineer could not understand why I was getting the message " C ontent protected " and some initials, I think CPD? Thought it was my Samsung so got rid of it as Now TV did not take any responsibility for this and after nearly losing my mind trying to get hold of a customer service operator! So, after deciding to use the stick again, I disconnected the box and plugged in the stick. About 3 days later, guess what?? In the middle of True Detective, the same message comes up!!!!!!!! No streaming, catch up or anything similar. Normal TV fine! Now TV have failed to contact me despite the online chat person assuring me they would. Anyone else been through this hideous experience? It has cost me a fortune!!!

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you are seeing the HDCP content message on your TV screen, then this normally happens with the breakdown of the HDMI handshake in the copy protection chain between the nowtv device and your television.

More info here.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/purple-screen-no-picture-on-now-tv-box-stick

I get this message now and then watching YouTube videos on my nowtv 4K smart box with my Panasonic 4K television, which i agree is a pain in the backside.

Tried different HDMI ports on my TV and different HDMI cables with no joy.

I am assuming you are not using a HDMI Hub switch between your nowtv stick and your TV and you are using the supplied mains power adapter plug that came with the stick and not the USB port off your TV to see if that makes any difference ?

The way i get rid of the message (which is not ideal or is a solution BTW) is to go into the stick menu settings via the remote controller and undertake a power restart.

Can't help with the lack of support or the reason why nowtv hasn't contacted you back on this matter, because just like you i am a customer trying to help other customers on the forum.