Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Shape Of Water

@Andy

Wow!! I finally saw this today and it is fantastic!!! 

No wonder if has so many award nominations. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jason-C wrote:
...but then the second half floundered 

image.png

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 I reckon it needed someone like del Toro to get it right, in other hands it could well have ended up a pure monster movie with none of the emotional impact, or a lovey-dovey film with a daft rubber suited monster to ruin it. 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy what if Tim Burton directed?

After all, Edward Scissorhands and Corpse Bride are weird but brilliant! 😂

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Ah yeah, he could pull it off! ... Is it bad that my favourite Tim Burton film is probably Sleepy Hollow???

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy I forgot he did that. Haven't seen it in quite a while too. 😮

Corpse Bride is definitely mine. Have you seen that?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 I haven't no, I've seen Nightmare Before Xmas tho .. isn't it a follow-up to that? 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy completely different story. Really good though. 🙂

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy Have you rented it yet? 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 this weekend ... pinky swear! 🙂

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Really enjoyed it!

Not quite what I was expecting - I thought the 'love story' would dominate it but I was pleasantly surprised to see it was much more balanced than that - humour, suspense, bit of action, so enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

Also much funnier than I thought it would be - Zelda was hilarious. And yet it goes quite dark as well, Strickland is particularly nasty.

Within the first 15 mins I'd seen far more of Elisa than I needed to, learnt new uses for egg timers and found out what cornflakes are for. And I've seen enough eggs to last me a lifetime.

Cinematography was great, loved the look and feel of the film - how green is used all the way through - green walls, clothes, pies, cars (it's not green it's teal - shame about the scratch!!!) and green monster - fabulous!

It's not quite up there with the magnificent Pan's Labyrinth for me, but I'll definitely be watching it again and del Toro did a great job - easy 4 stars I reckon!

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy Yeah the film did put me off cornflakes for a while.

I don't eat eggs anyway so no problem in that area. 😂

Next time you watch it again, during the opening, Michael shannon's name pops up during the narration of "the monster who tried to destroy it all". Loved it when his character got his comeuppance. 🙂

You didn't mention the dance sequence?