cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

SMART Stick or SMART box

My smart stick has broken and is bent. How do I get a replacement. I have only had now tv a a few weeks. 

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Blimey i know the stick gets pretty hot, but how did it become bent in shape if you haven't physically tried to bend it or force the stick into the television HDMI port ?

Anyway if you bought the stick from a shop or website retailer, then you need to contact them directly for a replacement.

If you purchased the stick directly from nowtv, then you can contact them on this link below about a replacement.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

I don't own a nowtv stick myself, where i have the 4K nowtv smart box which gives off very little heat from the box outer casing and also runs silently compared to the older gen 1 smart box. 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps

Guys

I've just got to throw in a bit of negativity here:- 

Generally speaking, physical abuse of an item, any item, is not normally covered by an existing guarantee.

Therefore, unless it can be proved otherwise, bending of the Now TV stick may not be eligible for replacement.

UK (Bad News) Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ukbobboy

Just for clarification I am not saying or implying it was physical abuse in my post, i was just wondering how the hell a nowtv stick could become bent Smiley Wink

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps

Hi Schnapps

Good to hear from you again, and I see you're still working as hard as ever solving newbies problems.

Solving Problems.jpg

However, if you check my original post you will see that I DID NOT accuse you of saying anything about physical abuse of @Anonymous User NOW TV's stick.

What I was actually pointing out, mainly to DR, was that the retailer, where he bought the Stick from, would be perfectly within their rights to reject his claim for a replacement.

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding between us and that you know that I would not deliberately accuse you of anything, we may have spirited debates in the future but nothing so uncivil as an unsubstantiated or unproven accusation.

Catch you later.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ukbobboy

I know you wasn't accusing anybody about miss abuse on this thread and only correctly pointing out the true facts that physical damage won't be covered under the warranty returns agreement  Smiley Happy

I just wanted to clarify that my first post wasn't implying or accusing that @Anonymous User physically damage the nowtv stick and it was some sort of manufacturers defect so we all on the same wavelength Smiley Happy

Suggest we leave it with  @Anonymous User and the Retailer / NowTV to sort it out Smiley Wink

Catch you soon, over & out 👍