cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

maximum number of devices error 6003 - only 2 devices registered

Hi, I have just set up my NOWTV box for the first time and it is saying i have reached the maximum number of devices.  The website and ipad app show only 2 registered devices and it should allow 4?

Appreciate some help.

Thanks

557 REPLIES 557
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI there,

I really dont understand why there is a 4 device limit restriction. This is just crazy, especially for a family household.
I have 2 kids, then there is myself and my wife.
I have a Smart TV in the front room, and in each of our bedrooms ( Totaling 4 Smart TV`s ) 3 of which can view now TV
In the Front Room I have a NowTV box, I also have an Ipad, each of my kids both have tablets, as does my wife.
I also have a computer room which i like to watch movies from whilst working etc.

What im trying to say is, in this day and age, having a 4 device limit is the most stupid idea ever especially for families where there are going to be vastly more than 4 devices.
I can appreciate only viewing on 2 devices at a time,, but please remove this stupid device limit.
Amazon, Netflix and almost all other streaming services I can think of do not impose this restriction, they just limit the ammount of streams that can be used at a time, which makes much more sense.

Why is this done like this, and why cant NowTV remove this restriction that makes no sense.
I personally know of several people who have used NOWTV and cancelled due to this restriction, and I have to say ,im leaning towards cancelling also, as its just not feasable in my household.

Im sure im not the only one who would be glad to see the device limit removed, ( I mean all NowTV Competitors can do it , why cant NowTV )

Regards
Max

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agreed. I myself have (that I can remember right now) two laptops (with multiple OSs), a tablet and two phones that could potentially use Now TV and I might not always keep track of which ones I have used. I can happily use Netflix on whichever device is convenient (and up to 2 simultaneous streams) - it should be the same for Now TV.

@Anonymous User wrote:

HI there,

I really dont understand why there is a 4 device limit restriction. This is just crazy, especially for a family household.
I have 2 kids, then there is myself and my wife.
I have a Smart TV in the front room, and in each of our bedrooms ( Totaling 4 Smart TV`s ) 3 of which can view now TV
In the Front Room I have a NowTV box, I also have an Ipad, each of my kids both have tablets, as does my wife.
I also have a computer room which i like to watch movies from whilst working etc.

What im trying to say is, in this day and age, having a 4 device limit is the most stupid idea ever especially for families where there are going to be vastly more than 4 devices.
I can appreciate only viewing on 2 devices at a time,, but please remove this stupid device limit.
Amazon, Netflix and almost all other streaming services I can think of do not impose this restriction, they just limit the ammount of streams that can be used at a time, which makes much more sense.

Why is this done like this, and why cant NowTV remove this restriction that makes no sense.
I personally know of several people who have used NOWTV and cancelled due to this restriction, and I have to say ,im leaning towards cancelling also, as its just not feasable in my household.

Im sure im not the only one who would be glad to see the device limit removed, ( I mean all NowTV Competitors can do it , why cant NowTV )

Regards
Max

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User & @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with your posts, totally understand where you're coming from. With big families this can be extremely frustrating. Smiley Mad

As we're ever evolving, this is something that we may change in the near future. We do take all feedback on board and trust me when I say ideas such as this, only get changed due to the feedback from customers such as yourselves.

I will pass this on to the powers that be and you never know, the next big change in the service could be down to you guys. Smiley Happy

In the meantime, please keep a look out on our Facebook, Twitter and Community Forum pages for all of the latest updates regarding the service.

All the best!

Michael

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This needs to be resolved as a priority now... I appreciate that you need to prevent abuse of the platform, however you can do this by limiting the number of concurrent streams (max 4) on the account rather than the physical devices, perhaps with a nominal charge for adding extra concurrent streams for larger families.

As the others have said, this is the age of multiple devices so we should be able to access the content on all of them... Netflix has mastered this, Amazon Prime is not far behind.

At the end of the day, if you enable people to access the service properly you will get more subscribers... which equates to more ££££.

I am strongly considering cancelling my Movies subscription because it's so restrictive. I have already cancelled the Entertainment section.

Do the right thing.

Richard

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They appear to be taking the service backwards.  

They have introduced a 2 box per account viewers restriction but retained an overall limit of 4 boxes registered per account if I have understood todays new announcement correctly,  That makes the service more restrictive not less. 

If they are limiting simultaneous viewers to two why restirct the number of boxes?  😒

Jeff

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User "today's announcement"? The limit has always been register four devices and watch on any two at the same time. 

Unlike Netflix, Sky have to consider their relationship with the movie studios for their satellite customers as well. Netflix are currently bending every rule to get as many people signed up (ignoring both device limits and fake locations). They have already lost several deals in the states because of this behaviour.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks.

Then why did they send out the email?

To tell me nothing has changed?

Why restrict the number of registered boxes if only two can view?

Jeff

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Why restrict the number of registered boxes if only two can view?

Blockbuster films come out on Sky each Friday. There are 4 new releases and often at best there is one I'd like to watch. I can do this in one night, and so could my friends. With a two stream limit, fourteen of us could use the same account as long as we all stuck to out agreed watching night.

I know of at least one friend who has a 2 stream Netflix account shared between 8 people!

If Sky upset the studios they lose the exclusive deals they've had for years which allows them to charge a fortune for their satellite service, whereas you'll find most of the films on Netflix or Amazon are at least two years old.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wow, it has been two year since this post, and nothing has changed. Actually it got even worse. If you have four devices, now you are allowed to change a device once a month? Ridiculous... 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

NOW TV is very different to Amazon and Netflix as they offer live streaming of popular UK subscription television channels (which, from what I understand, is a mandatory requirement of providing their internet based service)!

If/when the other companies offer the same services as NOW TV, only then can proper comparisons be made between them all, including the subject of device limits...