cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Recommendations for crime, political or spy dramas please.

I'm ready to start a new 3 month entertainment pass but I don't have a clue what to watch. I loved the Blacklist, Madam Secretary, NCIS and Criminal Minds last year and a few other dramas recommended by some of you and am hoping you can come up with some stonking new ones. I don't want any romantic or fantasy stuff. 

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My recommendation for an excellent crime drama would be True Detective with some seriously good acting.

This TV show is dark and gritty and a bit gothic in places and not the run of the mill glossy stereotype American crime dramas that you normally see on Sky.

Don't bother with S2 which was disappointing compared to S1, where S3 is back on track and is a good riveting watch IMO.

Each season has a new story line with different main characters and actors so skipping S2 doesn't effect keeping track on whats happend in the previous season.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps @Anonymous User

Thank you both for recommending True Detectives. I'm sure I will enjoy watching it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Just to back-up the recommendation from @schnapps  True Detective is a must-watch, season one was so good that season two suffered because of that, I would still watch season two as you'll find it better than a lot of other shows out there, it just wasn't as good as season one.......... and also as @schnapps  suggests the new season three is very much back on season one form.

Give it a try and I'm sure you won't be disappointed.