cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ro25
Occasional Poster

Re: Subtitles

It's gone on too long I have Netflix and YouTube movies they have subtitled shows and movies... Now TV have dragged its heals for too long.. I have given up gonna chuck my nowtv box in the bin 

0 Thanks
Ro25
Occasional Poster

@Polo1 wrote:
The trial has now ended are there any updates on when more subtitled shows are coming to NowTV as I just searched for ages and couldn't find ANYTHING that has any!

@Polo1 wrote:
The trial has now ended are there any updates on when more subtitled shows are coming to NowTV as I just searched for ages and couldn't find ANYTHING that has any!

It's gone on too long I have Netflix and YouTube movies they have subtitled shows and movies... Now TV have dragged its heals for too long.. I have given up gonna chuck my nowtv box in the bin 

0 Thanks
senttocov
Contributor 4

My Roku box does subtitles for the movies but not seen anything for entertainment yet. Oddly enough, I turned on SWAT on my iPad the other day and subtitles appeared. I checked some other programmes and they were on for those too. Weirdly there is no on/off switch within the app, I had to go to the iOS accessibility settings and nothing was turned on. So I turned the iOS captions on and off again, which toggles them properly in the app.

I wonder how long they have been available through the app and why they suddenly appeared?!

Stockleyo
Occasional Poster

Netflix's committment to accessibility is amazing when it comes to subtitles. You should check out Mr Bean, they even subtitled the song in the intro which is actually latin, and converted it into English. Even Netflix's trailers have subtitles so hands down Netflix is the best for subtitles. I have not found one show on Netflix that doesn't provide subtitles.

Sky on the other hand? Well...it's a 19th century company in the 21st century.

0 Thanks
Stockleyo
Occasional Poster

"The larger plan is to have subtitles on all content via Now TV before Mid-2018 because that is when the law will change that subtitles must be available. We are doing what can now to have them available as soon as possible. The content sent to us does not have subtitles and it is something we are working hard on with the studios to have done as soon as it can be."

Hey! It's past mid 2018.

0 Thanks
BUXTONLAD
Regular 1

@Tom-R I've been away from Now TV since 2017 and what's changed I wondered within that time. Answer: Very Little - Shame on you NOW TV - YESTERDAY TV, WE DON'T CARE AND OR LISTEN TV. I have a transcript from one of your agents Tom that you should see Tom. I can gladly forward it. I also wish to know from you the Complaint Policy from within NOW TV.

0 Thanks