cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Subtitles

The trial has now ended are there any updates on when more subtitled shows are coming to NowTV as I just searched for ages and couldn't find ANYTHING that has any!
135 REPLIES 135
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous Userwrote:

Hi there,

We promise that NOW TV are working hard to get subtitles added to a majority of the entertainment titles.

There is a few legal requirements to do this so we need these to clear first.

We promise we are aware of the need and we are working hard to get the BAU pushed through for substitles in the future

We appreciate your patience on this matter.

Many Thanks,

Naomi K

"Few remaining legal requirements", translation: We're trying to figure out just how long we can drag introducing proper subtitling without getting some kind of sanctions. 

Craig_82
Scholar 2

@Anonymous Userwrote:

@Anonymous Userwrote:

Hi there,

We promise that NOW TV are working hard to get subtitles added to a majority of the entertainment titles.

There is a few legal requirements to do this so we need these to clear first.

We promise we are aware of the need and we are working hard to get the BAU pushed through for substitles in the future

We appreciate your patience on this matter.

Many Thanks,

Naomi K

"Few remaining legal requirements", translation: We're trying to figure out just how long we can drag introducing proper subtitling without getting some kind of sanctions. 

Pretty much, new movies get it added which is great.  However for entertainment titles it's poor.  Netflix, Amazon Prime, I-Player, ITV Player all can manage it, but Now TV cannot.  Thinking of cancelling the Entertainment and use Kodi instead at least there is an add-on to use subtitles!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

had a free trial a few years ago - used it f or a few days only - no subtitles so didnt bother any further -

again a free trial offer still no subtitles - think its best to stick with netflix and not bother again with now tv - its seems just a waste of time again ...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's gone on too long I have Netflix and YouTube movies they have subtitled shows and movies... Now TV have dragged its heals for too long.. I have given up gonna chuck my nowtv box in the bin 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My Roku box does subtitles for the movies but not seen anything for entertainment yet. Oddly enough, I turned on SWAT on my iPad the other day and subtitles appeared. I checked some other programmes and they were on for those too. Weirdly there is no on/off switch within the app, I had to go to the iOS accessibility settings and nothing was turned on. So I turned the iOS captions on and off again, which toggles them properly in the app.

I wonder how long they have been available through the app and why they suddenly appeared?!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
The trial has now ended are there any updates on when more subtitled shows are coming to NowTV as I just searched for ages and couldn't find ANYTHING that has any!

@Anonymous User wrote:

It's gone on too long I have Netflix and YouTube movies they have subtitled shows and movies... Now TV have dragged its heals for too long.. I have given up gonna chuck my nowtv box in the bin