cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Subtitles

The trial has now ended are there any updates on when more subtitled shows are coming to NowTV as I just searched for ages and couldn't find ANYTHING that has any!
135 REPLIES 135
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Unfortunately  subtitles haven't appeared on the catch-up episode of Game of Thrones S7 so it doesn't look like NOW TV are providing them this year.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Just in case anyone has missed the news, forum member @Anonymous User has spotted that subtitles have now been added for GoT S7 ep 1. Subtitles should work on NOW TV Boxes, PS, EETV, Apple TV, Xbox One and Samsung TVs so if anyone spots problems with these devices let us know.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Signed up for Now TV and got up and running but there is virtually no subtitled content.

No where did it state on the sign up - "Sorry Now TV only offers subtitled content on about 1% of out output and is therefore useless if you are deaf or hard of hearing".

Please can someone provide email / address / contact details for Now TV CEO.

I mean ALL the content on Amazon firestick is subtitled so it's plain discrimination and inertia that Now TV dies bit offer this.

I'm tired of excuses from lazy, incompetent broadcasters who discriminate against a large section of people who rely on subtitles.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Signed up for Now TV and got up and running but there is virtually no subtitled content in Entertainment and very little elsewhere.

No where did it state on the sign up - "Sorry Now TV only offers subtitled content on about 1% of out output and is therefore useless if you are deaf or hard of hearing".

For example almost ALL the content on Amazon firestick is subtitled so it's plain laziness, discrimination and inertia that Now TV refuses to mobilise to provide this essential service to the 20% of the population who are deaf or suffer from some form of hearing loss.

I'm tired of excuses from lazy, incompetent broadcasters who discriminate against a large section of people who rely on subtitles.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

As you can see your new topics have been merged into this existing topic which is about the same subject. 

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I've just purchased a Now TV box and signed up for a 14 day free kids pass, before I continue after this I'd like to know if any of the content has subtitles, so far my sons favourite channel (CN) has none. Am I to cancel my subscription or is this something that is planned for the very near future?
I find it ridiculous in this day and age with the millions profit Sky is making that they can't sort subtitles on every channel they have.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Out of interest, does the 'Cartoon Network' channel offer subtitles via any platform?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Good question, I don't think they do, however I do know they have the means of ensuring that it does. And having a quick scan on the net looks like most of the kids pass content has next to no subtitled content. Looks like I'll have to cancel after all.
Still a shame though, I know if they pressure the channels they offer to give this service I have no doubt it would be achievable.

Looks like I'll be sticking with the services I already use. ☹️
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Sufficed to say...

If the actual content provider does not offer subtitles for any of its shows, then no service provider can either 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No I dont think it does