cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Subtitles

The trial has now ended are there any updates on when more subtitled shows are coming to NowTV as I just searched for ages and couldn't find ANYTHING that has any!
135 REPLIES 135
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Amazing how a streaming service doesn't include subtittles for every show and device on 2017. Just started my trial today, but for sure I won't stay and pay for the service without that feature

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just bought a now TV box with 3 months entertainment pass. Have just turned on and to my amazement and absolute disgust I find I am not able to watch anything because there are no subtitles.
How can a service provider in this day and age get away with such blatant discrimination. When offering a viewing platform surely there must be legislation that says the service should be accessible to all disabilities and able bodied alike.
Its the equivalent of a train or bus company bringing out a new bus or train that couldn't be accessed by a wheelchair, this would not happen in this day and age.
What's even more astounding is the fact that the service is run by sky who have subtitles on their own platform. Surely it would be easy to cross over platforms.
So disgusted with how sky are treating the hearing impaired on now TV I will be taking the issue to our local mp. Hopefully government will bring in legislation to ensure that when a service provider brings out anything new it is accessible to all right from the start.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Press the * button to turn on subtitles
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have but the programs aren't subtitled.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on the Community. Rest assured our content teams are working hard in the background to bring subtitles to all devices and content as soon as possible currently subtitles are available on most movies and all new movies that come on our service. However tv shows are more tricky mainly due to the amount of episodes on some seasons which takes a lot more time to enable on every one. Your right there is legislation for all content to have subtitles however this does not take effect until 2018 and so Now TV intend to have subtitles across all platforms and content before then.

Cheers

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The year is 2017 surely ALL programmes and movies should have subs.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just signed up for Netflix and it is excellent. I also have Amazon Prime and would like to see Now TV as well, but I have a feeling it is not good enough due to poor subtitles on demand TV on Virgin.  I will leave Virgin TV when my contract ran out and rely on freesat and on demand TV and Blu Rays/DVDs.  

I would like to have Now TV for Flash, Supergirl, and more. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Glad that Sky are moving in the right direction with putting subtitles on - albeit added very slowly!! However, what's even more disappointing than lack of availability for prime shows such as Game of Thrones is that the subtitles for a couple if the movies are considerably behind from the speech!!

Has the fault of subtitles lagging behind been reported previoisly and if so is there a timeframe for it to be fixed? Also, can you tell me will subtitles be available for the upcoming series of GOT?
Thanks
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Has the fault of subtitles lagging behind been reported previoisly and if so is there a timeframe for it to be fixed? 

On most occasions subtitle lagging can be playback device specific, as they are rendered/processed separately. 

For anyone seeing this particular issue. It would be useful if you could all confirm the make and model of playback device(s)?

Cheers 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just ordered BT Internet / TV  service yesterday. Who cares what channels you have at what price point if I can't follow what's going on. I'd sooner learn to read from lips properly than NowTv adds live subtitles.