cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Subtitles

The trial has now ended are there any updates on when more subtitled shows are coming to NowTV as I just searched for ages and couldn't find ANYTHING that has any!
135 REPLIES 135
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi all

Just a heads up. Subtitles are starting to appear on more devices. (Including Apple TV) See the link below

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-now-tv-with-subtitles  

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

That's great news @commanda6 Smiley LOL

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I have watched a couple of films including Money Monster, Imperium etc. and I beleive there is a problem with the content files, the subtitles are missing every 5-10 minutes. I have replayed all the offending sections and it is still missing the same sentences. Have not recorded any timestamps at this stage and I have been using my Samsung TV NowTV app.

Ad81

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

According to this page on NowTV:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-now-tv-with-subtitles

It says "We've already added subtitles for over 80 movies, plus all new movies we add will have subtitles available. So keep an eye open for the S symbol on all your favourite films."

Lately, none of the recently added new movies (such as Warcraft) have subtitles and I have been monitoring how much subtitles have been added lately using the database (http://www.artesea.co.uk/nowtv/subtitles.php) provided by a member of the community and within the last week alone, only one or two films have been added with subtitles.

Previously the NowTV subtitles page mentioned that 10 films will be added with subtitles every day and this has been changed to over 80 movies now have subtitles.

What is causing the slowdown of adding subtitles?

Thank you.

Ad81

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

As you can see your two new topics have been merged into this existing topic about the same subject...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

here here couldn't agree more.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I am of the opinion nowtv is delaying the installation of subtitles because Sky wants some differences to remain. Believe me I will never return to a Sky subscription and if I am only getting a partial service in Nowtv that will go too. I subscribe to Netflix and Amazon prime who do manage to provide subtitles. Why would I continue with this substandard service if promises are not delivered?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

As you may have noticed your post has been moved into this 'newer' subtitles topic. Subtitles are currently being rolled out 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No subtitles=no customer (me!)

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

As you may have noticed your post has been moved into this 'newer' subtitles topic. Subtitles are currently being rolled out Smiley Wink