Highlighted
Occasional Poster

Re: Subtitles

soon....
in or after a short time.
"everyone will soon know the truth"
synonyms: in a short time, shortly, presently, in the near future, before long, in a little while, in a minute, in a moment, in an instant, in a twinkling, in the twinkling of an eye, before you know it, any minute (now), any day (now), any time (now), by and by;

soon....as defined by Now TV......years, ages, months. We've waited this long for subtitles......now just wait years for subtitles to be added to the entertainment package

First Poster

subtitles

The boss of NowTV promised last year that we would be able to get subtitles on movie and entertainment package. This hasn't happened. My wife is hard of hearing and it ruins her viewing pleasure. If this facility is not going to be available we'll need to go back to Virgin ot TalkTalk. We like Now TV so please help us out.

Champion 4

Re: subtitles

Hi @jimororke,

Actually, subtitle support has started being added to the NOW TV service. Support was added to NOW TV 'branded' playback devices at the beginning of this month (with software v3.8.71) and will be rolled out to other playback devices in the coming months.

The number of TV series and movies with subtitles is currently quite small but this is growing every week Smiley Wink

Cheers

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.25.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

NOW TV Team

Hi @jimororke

@SeeMoreDigital is correct and more devices and content will be updated over the coming weeks and months the below are available now.

Subtitles are currently available on:

Entertainment

• Mid-Morning Matters series 1
  • You, Me and the Apocalypse series 1
  • Bring the Noise series 1

Movies

• Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
  • Marvel's Captain America: Civil War
  • Kung Fu Panda 3
  • Deadpool
  • Jungle Book, The (2016)
  • Zootropolis
  • How to Be Single
  • Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip
  • Zoolander 2
  • Hail, Caesar!
  •  
  • Barefoot in the Park
  • The Biscuit Eater
  • Amistad.
  • The Fox and the Hound
  • Paulie
  • Bus Stop
  • El Dorado
  • Goofy Movie
  • Anaconda
  • Frog Games
  • Sixteen
  • Mr. Magoo
  • Proof Of Life
  • Oxford Murders
  • Lassie
  • The Perfect Guy
  • Son of the Mask 
First Poster

Subtitles are not availbale for the movies you have stated. I have tried every device where Now TV is available for Deadpool, The Jungle Book, Captain America Civil War, Batman V Superman and Hail Caesar and subtitles are not available. Surely this should be standard with everything that is on Now TV, how is the feature not available when subtitles are provided on every other streaming service?

Champion 4

mb818281 wrote:

Subtitles are not availbale for the movies you have stated. I have tried every device where Now TV is available for Deadpool, The Jungle Book, Captain America Civil War, Batman V Superman and Hail Caesar and subtitles are not available. Surely this should be standard with everything that is on Now TV, how is the feature not available when subtitles are provided on every other streaming service?

As I mentioned above... "Support was added to NOW TV 'branded' playback devices at the beginning of this month (with software v3.8.71) and will be rolled out to other playback devices in the coming months."

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.25.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

Elite 5

SeeMoreDigital wrote:

mb818281 wrote:

As I mentioned above... "Support was added to NOW TV 'branded' playback devices at the beginning of this month (with software v3.8.71) and will be rolled out to other playback devices in the coming months."

@mb818281@SeeMoreDigital subtitles are available on standard Roku devices as well, which when you think about it makes perfect sense Smiley Wink but as you say subtitles will hopefully be rolled out to other devices soon 

I do not work for now TV. I am simply a NowTV customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

If you find posts on the community useful or helpful can you give them Thanks By pressing the thumbs up button. If a post solves a problem you are having can you mark it as an accepted solution. Thanks

Click here to go to nowTVs main YouTube channel
Click here to go to the nowTV help YouTube channel
Occasional Poster

Subtitles

When will we have subtitles for The walking dead season 7 ??
Elite 5

Currently none of the Fox programs have subtitles @Subtitles4.  To be perfectly honest there is a very sparse amount of subtitles at this time.   Even on the Sky owned channels there are relatively few.  I suspect the roll out of Subtitles to more content will take a few months.  

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor not staff so cannot help you with account matters I can just attempt to point you in the right direction.

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Now...

Devices I am currently using for Now: Android app on Moto G5 Plus, Chromecast, LG TV, Smart box.
Occasional Poster

Thank you for replying but I just bought three months of entertainment pass and found out there is not many subtitled tv shows there, this is an huge disappointment for all hard of hearing people like me. NowTV, u better sort it asap!