cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Subtitles

The trial has now ended are there any updates on when more subtitled shows are coming to NowTV as I just searched for ages and couldn't find ANYTHING that has any!
135 REPLIES 135
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Here i s the current Subtitles listings on the Black Box and MSartbox.

Subtitles are currently available on:

Entertainment

• Mid-Morning Matters series 1
  • You, Me and the Apocalypse series 1
  • Bring the Noise series 1

Movies

• Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
  • Marvel's Captain America: Civil War
  • Kung Fu Panda 3
  • Deadpool
  • Jungle Book, The (2016)
  • Zootropolis
  • How to Be Single
  • Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip
  • Zoolander 2
  • Hail, Caesar!
  •  
  • Barefoot in the Park
  • The Biscuit Eater
  • Amistad.
  • The Fox and the Hound
  • Paulie
  • Bus Stop
  • El Dorado
  • Goofy Movie
  • Anaconda
  • Frog Games
  • Sixteen
  • Mr. Magoo
  • Proof Of Life
  • Oxford Murders
  • Lassie
  • The Perfect Guy
  • Son of the Mask 
Anonymous User
Not applicable
?So the Entertainment section EXTREMELY sad looking.......

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Alot more will be updated soon @Anonymous User

Anonymous User
Not applicable
soon....
in or after a short time.
"everyone will soon know the truth"
synonyms: in a short time, shortly, presently, in the near future, before long, in a little while, in a minute, in a moment, in an instant, in a twinkling, in the twinkling of an eye, before you know it, any minute (now), any day (now), any time (now), by and by;

soon....as defined by Now TV......years, ages, months. We've waited this long for subtitles......now just wait years for subtitles to be added to the entertainment package

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Before you put in more films in subtitles it seems pointless if they are out of synchronization?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi, thanks for your post. 

Would you be able to provide the names of the films? 

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Before you put in more films in subtitles it seems pointless if they are out of synchronization?

Hi @Anonymous User

In my personal experience. The subtitle synchronisation issue seems to be more device related and related to the subtitle track/functionality itself. I found that the synchronisation issue seems to be more common on LG TVs, then it is on anything else. I tend to find that stopping playback of the content (stop video completely) and then resuming it often helps bring the subtitles back into sync with audio very occasionally, I've seen the synchronisation issue happen on Roku/NowTV hardware, but only very occasionally and it can be solved in much the same way.

CC @Anonymous User

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why they even bother to put subtitles on these films I don't know they are badly out of synchronization😤

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can get subtitles sometimes on catch up on the entertainment channels its very annoying as I can get them and then the next week I cant

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There have been a number of programmes lately in Entertainment that I have really wanted to watch only to find that there are no subtitles available on any platform I have access to, Smart TV, Roku stick or iPad.  The latest of these is Succession which I was really looking forward to.

Is there any reason for this?  I can see there might be an issue with sub-titling older shows retrospectively but why should brand new shows not have all the features?

There is no reduction in subscription cost for those of us with hearing problems and yet we are not receiving the same service.   It doesn't seem fair that we are denied full accessibility or value for money.