schnapps Legend 2
Legend 2

Re: Old Hi-Fi System

@caseyb1993

The HiFi separates journey could be an expensive one where you always get the itch to upgrade to some component in your system seeking  sound perfection, where trust me there is no such thing.

I you are happy with the sound and enjoying the music from your current system then just stick with it, otherwise it's starts getting extremely expensive where you need deep pockets and sometimes spending more on a particular product doesn't mean you will hear an improvement or a sound signature that you like.

Like @ukbobboy said let your ears decide (a demonstration helps especially if the HiFi dealer will allow you to demo at home before purchase) and don't believe all the Hype in magazines or online reviews i have been caught in that trap many times.

To be honest when i was younger i lived close to a Train Station and looking back now i wished i took up Train Spotting where my only cost outlay was an anorak, note book, pencil, flask of tea / coffee and a sandwich box which would have been so much cheaper over the years Smiley Wink

general.jpg

BTW - Just kidding about the Train Spotting Hobby (I have no regrets about getting into the HiFi World) Smiley Happy

0 Thanks
ukbobboy
Expert 2

Re: Old Hi-Fi System

@schnapps @caseyb1993

Hey Schnapps

You know, I almost agree with everything in your post except one thing, and it is when you said ".... where you always get the itch to upgrade to some component in your system seeking  sound perfection...." and this is why.

The whole Hi-Fi advertising industry is geared towards stroking our male egos, they have us reaching for that unreachable Nirvana of perfect sound, and so we foolishly spent our money trying to get to something that does not exist.

However, Casey, being a young lady, has no male ego to stroke and so should not fall into the trap of spending a fortune while continuously getting diminishing returns, plus she has us to advise her on the traps to avoid, coz' we fell in to them

Bear Trap.jpg

I believe that if Casey does a bit of research, to establish a base line budget, and use her ears as her guide, remember that woman can hear a wider frequency range than men, she should not go wrong and get caught the way we did.

And Casey

I wish you all the best in your Hi-Fi adventure and don't forget, should you need any help we are always here.

UK Bob

PS. Schnapps, train spotting????????????????    

Train Spotting.png

0 Thanks
ukbobboy
Expert 2

Man Cave Stuff

@schnapps @Andy @SeeMoreDigital @4268

Guys

I was on YouTube last night and bounced across these speakers:

Fluance Fi70 Bluetooth Speaker.jpg

1) 3 Way 6 Driver Wireless Music System with Integrated Amplifier.

2) 3.5mm Auxiliary Audio Input; 2.1 A USB Charging Input, Optical (Digital Toslink), FM/AM Radio Tuner Antennas.

3) Tweeter - Dual 1 Inch Silk Soft Dome Neodymium Ferrofluid Cooled.

4) Mid-Range - Dual 5 inch Woven Glass Fiber Composite Drivers with Butyl Rubber Surrounds.

5) Woofer - Dual 8 inch Polymer Treated High Excursion with Butyl Rubber Surrounds.

6) Amp Power - 280 Watts Continuous Average Output (2x 140 watts).

7) Frequency Response - 30Hz - 20KHz

8) 29.5 x 11 x 23.2 inch (without stand)  and 29.5 x 11 x 36 inch (with stand)

This is truly MAN CAVE stuff, not sure if it's available in the UK but I want one.

UK Bob

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 2
Legend 2

Re: Man Cave Stuff

@ukbobboy

Those speakers do look impressive on paper with a good frequency response down to 30hz, any idea on the price for a pair ?

If i was on premiership footballers salary i would be looking at a set of KEF Blades for music with 4 number SVS SB16 Ultra subwoofers in each corner of my man cave cinema room Smiley Very Happy

0 Thanks
caseyb1993 Elite 5
Elite 5

@ukbobboy, you may want to untag 4268 as a guy. Smiley Wink
I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? :-)
0 Thanks
ukbobboy
Expert 2

@caseyb1993 @4268

Hi Casey

I know 4268 is a woman, I made that mistake when I first joined the forum.  I was thinking along the lines that she might want to give her perspective on this "big" man-sized set of speakers.

Please don't think I'm excluding you, I would also welcome your views on this item too, but I initially thought (and please forgive for this) it may be too much of  a "guy thing" for you to be interested in.

UK

PS. I've noticed that my speaker jpg have vanished from my post, I'll re-add it here.

Fluance Fi70 Bluetooth Speaker.jpg

ukbobboy
Expert 2

@schnapps

Hi Schnapps

I can't find a UK supplier for these Blue Tooth speakers, they cost $500.00 in the US and that should work out to between £350 - £450 for us, and that makes them affordable. I am drooling with anticipation of getting a set.

You know, I totally forget to mention the make and model of these bad boys, they are:

Fluance Fi70 Bluetooth Speaker

Still, I don't really know if I'll ever use them, I just know that in this moment in time I want them.

Fluance Fi70 Bluetooth Speaker02.jpg

schnapps Legend 2
Legend 2

@ukbobboy

When you lost the JPEG photo of the speaker in your first post, did you by any chance delete the photo when going to your NowTV Forum Profile under My Photos ?

This what happened to me when i thought i would save some space and start deleting photos in my NowTV forum profile and then went back to some of my previous posts on the forum and noticed that they had disappeared.

So from now on i just leave any photos uploaded onto the forum in My Profile > My Photos and don't delete them.

@AndyAny idea how many photos or data capacity you can have saved in our profile My Photo section or is there no limit?

0 Thanks
ukbobboy
Expert 2

@schnapps

No Schnapps

Definitely not, I don't delete anything if I can help it.  Whenever I post a picture, emoji or smiley, I save it to my hard drive first, I know that if I leave it online and it gets moved or delete it will also vanish from this forum.

I also checked my copy of that Blue Tooth speaker jpg and it is still intact on my HD, the deletion did not happen via anything I've done.

I'm still drooling, I just gotta get me one of those speakers system.

UK Bob

PS.  I'm gonna see if I can watch the rest of "The Strain", I'm up to season 2, episode 6. 

0 Thanks
ukbobboy
Expert 2

Re: Old Albums

@schnapps @SeeMoreDigital @4268 @caseyb1993

Hey Schnapps

Have you ever bought an album more than once?  

As I sit here typing this and listening to one of my favourite albums, I realised that I originally bought it back in 1973, I also re-bought it several years later (I think between 5 to 10 years later) when my original vinyl had worn out. 

About 5 or so years back I bought the remastered CD version, now I am listening to the digital version I bought from Amazon.

Over the years, and apart from the improvement in sound quality, the album has grown from it's original 5 tracks, back in 1973, to now a 7 track album.

Oh yes, before I forget, the album is Barry White - I've Got So Much To Give.

UK Bob

0 Thanks