robert1997
Scholar 1

Re: Old Hi-Fi System

@schnapps

I have Spotify on the Streaming Stick+ with the new Roku OS 9 updated just now.

https://blog.roku.com/en-gb/roku-os-9

https://blog.roku.com/en-gb/os-9-release-notes

ukbobboy
Expert 2

@robert1997 @schnapps @Tony-D @caseyb1993

Hi Guys

You know, my Roku 3 (model 4200X) has not received an upgrade to it's OS yet, my device is still running OS 8.1 build 4145-04.

It's not that I'm "chomping at the bit" for Roku's OS 9.0 but I'm "hoping against hope" that their updated OS will (possibly) allow me to download some of the latest apps that are now available.

UK Bob 

schnapps Legend 2
Legend 2

Hi @ukbobboy

My Roku Streaming Stick Plus had the new OS 9 software added a few weeks ago, where I have noticed the Spotify App is now back on the Roku platform.

The Amazon App has had a new refresh and the UI layout now looks like the Amazon Prime App on my Panasonic Smart TV more inline with the Fire TV layout.

What extra new Apps are you looking forward too on the Roku OS 9 ?

I am guessing you have already tried the forced software update in the hidden secret menu on your Roku 3 player to see if OS 9 is available to download ?

Also read on a couple of websites that Roku are looking to move away from their current tile block App user interface and are testing various new UI layouts.

caseyb1993 Elite 5
Elite 5

@schnapps I would want to see an Amazon Music app. They might as well since the Video app is there. Smiley Happy

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? :-)
ukbobboy
Expert 2

@schnapps

Hi Schnapps

Yeah, you got me dead to rights, I am looking forward to testing out the new Spotify app, which I can't download/install on OS 8.1, plus a couple of other bits and pieces I'd like to try out.

But, I must admit, I'm not gonna pull my hair out waiting for the updates, I already did that when an episode of GoT was getting error 103.

Hair Pulling.jpg

No, I'll bide my time while old skoolin' some tunes.

UK Bob

PS. Just out of interest, my favourite Now TV viewing at the moment is 911, Ray Donovan, Futureman, American Horror and, not to mention, Archer.

ukbobboy
Expert 2

@robert1997 @Tony-D @schnapps

Hi Guys

I've fallen off the wagon and now chasing the dragon again, but this time it was an accident (honest).

Dragon.png

I was given a piece of audio kit and I just had to get some other bits and pieces to make it work.

Just goes to show, once an audio addict, always an.... (OK, no need to finish that saying).

Later, I guess.

UK Bob

0 Thanks
robert1997
Scholar 1

@ukbobboy

I'm still following your endeavours with interest. I haven't been active here of late, the old health has taken a bit of as battering, but thankfully things are looking up again Smiley Happy The up side to be unwell? Having more time to enjoy my 'sounds' and being left in peace to do just that Smiley Very Happy

ukbobboy
Expert 2

@robert1997

Hi Robert

I see you got through my "ramblings" above, I think the constant tinkering around with my sound system keeps the old "brain cells" ticking over coz' I'm always thinking of new ways of "adding extras" to it, i.e. chasing the dragon (so to speak).

Another thing we both have in common, I am also not 100% healthy, I guess that at our age things just keep going wrong, nevertheless we have our music and that brings us joy.

On a lighter note, the extra bits I have ordered should arrive some time today and, once here, should take me about 10 to 20 minutes (max) to set up and get going with.  I will then find out if I have shaved a few more percentage points off my previous 95% satisfaction rating or just wasted my money.

Still, my extra bits and pieces are not "bank account busters" just straight forward sound enhancements (I hope). 

Anyway Rob, time for me to stop my current rambling and see if there are any other digital albums I want to add to my collection, I'll also let you know how I get on with my "additions".

Later.

UK Bob

0 Thanks
ukbobboy
Expert 2

@robert1997

Hi Robert

My extra peripherals and equipment arrived earlier than expected but was eagerly opened by me to see if I could connect everything up, as planned in my mind's eye.

First disappoint, the "3.5mm Male to 2 x 3.5mm Male Stereo Audio Adapter cable" I bought had it's 2 x 3.5mm connectors too close together.

Second problem, the 2 x 3.5mm connectors would easily dislodge/disconnect from the speaker aux ports they were plugged into.

Third (and most troublesome), once the cables were connected to my amp and speakers, and music fed through the amp, no music came out of my speakers.

However, once my whole audio kit was restored back to it's original condition, minus the extra cable and equipment, I had cool soothing music again.

I have definitely "lost the dragon" on this adventure but, come new year, I will revisit my debacle and come up with another strategy.

Later

UK Bob

0 Thanks
ukbobboy
Expert 2

@Tony-D @robert1997 @schnapps @caseyb1993

Hey Tony

In one of your posts, in this thread, you mentioned that you loved your Bluetooth speakers. If so, I gotta a question to ask, do you use those speakers as stand alone devices or do you mix and match with other equipment?

All should become clear when I see your answer.

UK Bob

0 Thanks