ukbobboy
Expert 2

Re: Old Hi-Fi System

@schnapps

You know Schnapps

Your post sounds good, and yes I can stream music to external speakers it's just that I'll have to get to grips with "BlueTooth".  You see, my smartphone, tablet and speakers are all bluetooth capable, it's just that I usually switch that facility off.

I'm gonna have to learn some new stuff.

Question Emoji.jpg

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Expert 2

@caseyb1993

Hi Casey

Believe it or not, I've just come across an album on Amazon, which I've bought before (and listened to the other day), but they've updated it with a new remix, it now has a fresh 2017 sound.

Vinyl Record.jpg

You know, I'm tempted to buy it.

UK Bob

PS. Well, the digital version anyway.

ukbobboy
Expert 2

@schnapps @caseyb1993

Guys

Right now, this very minute, I am listening to Spotify, yes I've now got it and it's playing through my sound system via my chromecast device (I don't have to worry about bluetooth).

Spotify.png 

I've now got it goin' on.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Expert 2

@schnapps @caseyb1993

Guys

I've now installed Spotify on my Roku 3 and I am now well and truly a convert, I just did not know what I was missing.

You know, I could give up buying music and just listen to Spotify from now on

UK Bob

Schnapps, I'm trying out the 30 day free premium trial.

schnapps Legend 2
Legend 2

@ukbobboy

Hi UKBob,

That's great, so how are you finding Spotify, with regards to their library content and what do you think of the sound quality ?

Did you go with the free version or the premium version with the free trial (edit just seen your above post whilst typing mine)?

Yeah Chromecast without doubt is the better option over Bluetooth, where you don't get sound dropouts and the battery on your mobile casting device doesn't drain so quick when not using Bluetooth.

What is your main casting device, mobile phone, tablet, PC/ Laptop or orther type of device(edit just seen Roku3 again on your above post) ?

I have two Chromecast in my setup around the house, in the Living Room i have the version 2 video Chromecast connected to a HDMI audio extractor where i run an optical digital cable out into my Audio Cambridge DAC then wired into my HiFi amplifier (sounds great to me).

Where the second setup is in my AV Home Cinema Room where i connect the Chromecast video version 1 straight into one of the HDMI inputs on the AV Receiver (no need to faff around with an audio extractor and sounds great).

Out of curiosity, how have you setup your Chromecast on your sound system ?

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 2
Legend 2

@ukbobboy

Hi UKBob,

Glad you are enjoying the Spotify experience (like what myself and @caseyb1993 said) Spotify and other Music Streaming services is the future where you don't have to keep buying songs to build up your personal music library, i haven't bought any music in years since Spotify came to the UK Smiley Very Happy

I am sure you know this already, but with the Spotify App on the Roku / NowTV boxes is restricted to the Premium subscription service only, if for some reason you don't continue with the Premium service and go with the Free option with the ads and lesser quality playback then Chromecast is the way to go (Hopefully you love it so much that you will stick with either the Premium or Family paid subscription service rather than the free version).

ukbobboy
Expert 2

@schnapps @caseyb1993

Hi Schnapps

Yes, I'm enjoying the "Spotify" experience at the moment and I have the free 30 day premium trial offer, I'll need a few more days or so before I can decided whether or not to keep the premium account.

As for the sound quality, well, when I was listening via my chromecast device, in the early hours of this morning, it was the free reduced sound quality.  That said, I'm now listening to the "paid for" premium sound quality and, you know, I can't tell the difference between the two.  The only difference between this morning and now is the "adverts", I heard one advert this morning and none now.

At the moment, I'm trying to set up a playlist or two on my PC that can be seen and played by my Roku 3, which I am finding somewhat difficult but I'll keep plugging away.

UK Bob

caseyb1993 Elite 5
Elite 5

Glad you are enjoying Spotify @ukbobboy Smiley Happy

I also like Google Play Music as they also offer a subscription. At Christmas, they usually offer 3-4 months for free!

Even if you are an existing customer so keep an eye out then! Whether it will be the case this year though, I don't know. Smiley Surprised

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? :-)
ukbobboy
Expert 2

@schnapps

Hey Schnapps

I missed the question you asked on your last post, which was, "How have you setup your Chromecast on your sound system?" You know, I've gone for simplicity itself, both my Roku 3 and Chromecast device are plugged in separate HDMI sockets on my TV, I've then connected my TV, via an optical cable, to my sound system.

So you see, whichever media source I use I can always hear it through my sound system and they're all available within a few button presses on a remote control.

As a side note, apart from Judge Judy, I hardly ever watch anything on terrestrial TV anymore.

UK Bob

schnapps Legend 2
Legend 2

@ukbobboy

Hi UKBob,

How are you getting on with Spotify ?

Does the Spotify content Library have music genres that you enjoy ?

Have you found any new Artists or Albums since using Spotify?

Just curious Smiley Happy