Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

Old Hi-Fi System

@caseyb1993 @Andy @GraphiteGB @mark_suff  @commanda6

Hi Guys 

I was bouncing around YouTube when I came across this video, it shows the Thorens turntable and SME tone arm I used to use back in the day.  Before marriage and children, I used to be (well) into Hi-Fi (high fidelity) systems and the Thorens turntable combo used to be the head/start of my system.

I know this has absolutely nothing to do with NowTV etc. but I'm sure there are a few older fans out there that still remember the days when Hi-Fi was king.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaMn20oJ4Bc

UK Bob

310 REPLIES 310
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Glad you are enjoying Spotify @ukbobboy 🙂

I also like Google Play Music as they also offer a subscription. At Christmas, they usually offer 3-4 months for free!

Even if you are an existing customer so keep an eye out then! Whether it will be the case this year though, I don't know. 😮

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy @schnapps

Amazon music unlimited are offering 3 months for 99p. New subs only though.

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993 @schnapps

Guys

Amazon music unlimited doesn't seem to be compatible with Roku or Chromecast, i.e. those devices are not in their list of supported items.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b/?ie=UTF8&node=1954070031

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

@caseyb1993 @schnapps

Guys

Amazon music unlimited doesn't seem to be compatible with Roku or Chromecast, i.e. those devices are not in their list of supported items.

UK Bob

@ukbobboy

Could be the same reason why Amazon won't sell Chromecasts. Competition. 😮

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

I bought an Echo dot in the Argos sale to go with my Amazon music subscription. Where has this thing been all my life?? 😄

ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993

Hi Casey

I'm being a bit of an ignoramus here, I've seen the "Echo" adverts on TV but I'm not sure what they actually do, apart from being (I think) remote speakers?

Can you explain what it is, how you set it up (easy or difficult) and what it is suppose to do?

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy Let's see, how can I explain?

An echo or "Alexa" is as you said a remote speaker that you can control with your voice. For instance, you can ask "Alexa" to:-

• Play music/audible audio books.
  • Ask for what's in the news or pretty much any information what you aren't sure of.
  • Order takeaway (a bit mental in my opinion).
  • Call people.
  • I'm sure you can use it to shop with Amazon if you have prime but I don't have prime to try it out.
  • Play certain "games".

It was quite easy to set up as I used the Alexa app on my kindle fire to connect my Amazon account and WiFi to the echo.

Setting it up to my sound bar on the other hand via Bluetooth was tricky as it just kept saying "connection failed" but I managed to do it in the end. 

It is well worth £35. 🙂

@Andy No she sadly doesn't do that! 😄 😄

ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993 @Andy @Anonymous User @mark_suff  @commanda6 @SeeMoreDigital @schnapps

Hi Guys

Sorry for resurrecting this old subject but I saw this YouTube video, and it occurred to me that current hi-fi users are just as crazy as I was back in the day.

I mean, who would design, let alone buy, a wet and dry Dyson-like vacuum cleaner for your vinyl records. 

Just crazy.

UK Bob

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt885mZBdRk

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Vinyl. The only way to listen to music Heart

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Vinyl. The only way to listen to music Heart

@Anonymous User Deezer and Soundcloud for me. 😉