Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

Old Hi-Fi System

@caseyb1993 @Andy @GraphiteGB @mark_suff  @commanda6

Hi Guys 

I was bouncing around YouTube when I came across this video, it shows the Thorens turntable and SME tone arm I used to use back in the day.  Before marriage and children, I used to be (well) into Hi-Fi (high fidelity) systems and the Thorens turntable combo used to be the head/start of my system.

I know this has absolutely nothing to do with NowTV etc. but I'm sure there are a few older fans out there that still remember the days when Hi-Fi was king.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaMn20oJ4Bc

UK Bob

Pink Floyd - Time from the "Dark Side of the Moon" 180 Gram LP Thorens TD 160 Super / Audio Technica AT440MLa / Shure SME 3009 Series 2 Improved tone arm / Pioneer VSX-9500s (Pre-Amp) / White Oaked Phase Linear (WOPL) 1000 Power Amp (530 watts per channel into 8 Ohms), 108.7 Volts on the Main ...
310 REPLIES 310
ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps

Hi Schnapps

I can't find a UK supplier for these Blue Tooth speakers, they cost $500.00 in the US and that should work out to between £350 - £450 for us, and that makes them affordable. I am drooling with anticipation of getting a set.

You know, I totally forget to mention the make and model of these bad boys, they are:

Fluance Fi70 Bluetooth Speaker

Still, I don't really know if I'll ever use them, I just know that in this moment in time I want them.

Fluance Fi70 Bluetooth Speaker02.jpg

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy

When you lost the JPEG photo of the speaker in your first post, did you by any chance delete the photo when going to your NowTV Forum Profile under My Photos ?

This what happened to me when i thought i would save some space and start deleting photos in my NowTV forum profile and then went back to some of my previous posts on the forum and noticed that they had disappeared.

So from now on i just leave any photos uploaded onto the forum in My Profile > My Photos and don't delete them.

@AndyAny idea how many photos or data capacity you can have saved in our profile My Photo section or is there no limit?

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps

No Schnapps

Definitely not, I don't delete anything if I can help it.  Whenever I post a picture, emoji or smiley, I save it to my hard drive first, I know that if I leave it online and it gets moved or delete it will also vanish from this forum.

I also checked my copy of that Blue Tooth speaker jpg and it is still intact on my HD, the deletion did not happen via anything I've done.

I'm still drooling, I just gotta get me one of those speakers system.

UK Bob

PS.  I'm gonna see if I can watch the rest of "The Strain", I'm up to season 2, episode 6. 

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps @SeeMoreDigital @4268 @caseyb1993

Hey Schnapps

Have you ever bought an album more than once?  

As I sit here typing this and listening to one of my favourite albums, I realised that I originally bought it back in 1973, I also re-bought it several years later (I think between 5 to 10 years later) when my original vinyl had worn out. 

About 5 or so years back I bought the remastered CD version, now I am listening to the digital version I bought from Amazon.

Over the years, and apart from the improvement in sound quality, the album has grown from it's original 5 tracks, back in 1973, to now a 7 track album.

Oh yes, before I forget, the album is Barry White - I've Got So Much To Give.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy

Hi UKBob,

I haven't owned the same album twice on Vinyl, however i do own a few Vinyl LP's where i bought the CD version for the CD player in the car Smiley Happy

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps

Hi Schnapps

You said, "however i do own a few Vinyl LP's where i bought the CD version....". I have also re-bought CD versions of some of my vinyl collection.

However, my current digital album collection got a kick-start when Amazon made most of the CDs I bought over the years available as digital downloads. I now, whenever possible, only buy digital downloads, I find that CDs are (dare I say it) cumbersome and just don't bother with them anymore.

CD Disc.png

Enough of my ramblings

Catch you later.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy

To be honest i haven't purchased a new CD for at least 6 to 7 years now, where i tend to use Spotify for any albums that i don't own Smiley Happy

Where my travel time nowadays in the car is pretty short and i mainly listen to the local Radio or play CD'S from my existing music library where i got plenty of choice.

I dread to think how much money i have spent on Vinyl and CD'S over the years (not complaining though) Smiley Very Happy

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps

Hi Schnapps

You said, "I dread to think how much money i have spent on Vinyl and CD'S over the years", yeah, me too and I'm still spending.

You know, my maths ain't that good but I've worked out that I've owned that Barry White album, in one form or another, for 44 years now and I find it hard to believe.  

I'm right, I just used a calculator to verify that I've owned a record for 44 years, I can't wrap my head around it.

Head Bandage.png

UK Bob

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

@AndyAny idea how many photos or data capacity you can have saved in our profile My Photo section or is there no limit?

@schnapps There will be a limit but I don't know what it is. However looking at how many photos I have saved I wouldn't worry about hitting the limit anytime soon!

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5
@ukbobboy, you may want to untag 4268 as a guy. 😉
I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂