cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV stick and remote problems - help!

Hi, I hope someone can help. I've just purchased now TV with the stick. It all set up smoothly and I was able to select the channels initially, but the remote rarely connects and takes ages to connect, navigate and switch over to another channel. Also when I select the source for NOWTV on my television, it doesn't display and I have to reset it/unplug the stick to get any response.

Would I be better off with the box version? My broadband speed is ok - 13mbps - but I'm not clued up about TVs etc. 

Hope someone one can advise me.

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I don't own a smart stick, but there is a few things that i would try.

With regards to your TV not detecting the HDMI input source on your stick try a different HDMI port on your television and also make sure in the stick menu settings that the 1 touch feature is enabled.

If you have an older television, then perhaps try go into the stick Display menu settings and change from Auto to 720p to see if that makes a difference.

Regarding the loss or slowness of the remote controller, maybe try re paring the remote again (see link instructions below) make sure you are using the supplied power adpator that came in the box instead of using a USB port on your television if applicable.

Also if the wifi reception in the stick menu under network is not saying excellent or good then perhaps try using a different wifi channel on your router and if your router is dual band experiment between 2.4ghz and 5ghz.

Sometimes rebooting both your stick and router fixes things with slow or poor wifi issues between stick and remote.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-pair-your-smart-remote