cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Box App Crash Next Episode

As the heading suggests, whenever clicking on the 'continue watching' link after an episode of Gomorrah it crashes. The Now TV logo keeps spinning in the middle of the screen suggesting it's loading but it never does and I have to go back to the app selection screen and open the Now TV app again.

I've updated the box, restarted etc

Any suggestions on a fix?
10 REPLIES 10
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hello 🙂

• Is this on all episodes?
  • Is this for any other TV show?
  • Which box do you have? (White/Black or Smart) 
I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@caseyb1993

The problem has been encountered on just this series, across all episodes on my white box

Thanks 🙂

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User wrote:

@caseyb1993

The problem has been encountered on just this series, across all episodes on my white box

Thanks 🙂

sorry @Anonymous User missed your second post about it only being this programme......I have it on all programmes Smiley Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Lindzi

That's very interesting, as I am too a Virgin BB customer using their black super hub. Maybe this is the cause, but it wouldn't explain why it only happens on a certain series.

I have a Samsung TV also but I use my Xbox on this. The problem is with my white Now TV box being used on a Toshiba TV.

I tend to watch a lot of the Gomorrah series on the Now TV box as this is in the living room, where my other family members like to watch the series also.

How did other forum users negotiate with Virgin? I only ask as I'm pretty sure Virgin will only try and bat me back over to Now TV saying it is not a problem on their side 😕

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Lindzi

That's very interesting, as I am too a Virgin BB customer using their black super hub. Maybe this is the cause, but it wouldn't explain why it only happens on a certain series.

I have a Samsung TV also but I use my Xbox on this. The problem is with my white Now TV box being used on a Toshiba TV.

I tend to watch a lot of the Gomorrah series on the Now TV box as this is in the living room, where my other family members like to watch the series also.

How did other forum users negotiate with Virgin? I only ask as I'm pretty sure Virgin will only try and bat me back over to Now TV saying it is not a problem on their side 😕

@Anonymous User

My continue watching used to work when NowTV first introduced it but about a month later it just crashed everytime I selected 'watch next'. I think the other user just contacted Virgin and complained that their hub was old and was thinking of going elsewhere. Virgin retention dept offered them the newest hub and this did fix the problem. NowTV are aware of the problem but although promising to look into we have got no further with them.

I have no idea what the Virgin black hub has to do with anything as I am not in any way technically minded....as far as I was aware that if you are on the internet you are on the internet, but having chatted to lots of folk on here with this NowTV issue we all have the same ISP and hub.

Just really odd!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi wrote:

@Anonymous User

My continue watching used to work when NowTV first introduced it but about a month later it just crashed everytime I selected 'watch next'. I think the other user just contacted Virgin and complained that their hub was old and was thinking of going elsewhere. Virgin retention dept offered them the newest hub and this did fix the problem. NowTV are aware of the problem but although promising to look into we have got no further with them.

I have no idea what the Virgin black hub has to do with anything as I am not in any way technically minded....as far as I was aware that if you are on the internet you are on the internet, but having chatted to lots of folk on here with this NowTV issue we all have the same ISP and hub.

Just really odd!

@Lindzi

When the 'continue watching' feature was first implemented I didn't experience any problems, but then again I wasn't watching the Gomorrah series at that time. 

I'm very intrigued to hear that it could be Virgin Media's fault, I might try disabling the network connection between my Now TV box and my Virgin wireless router to see if that helps. If not I suppose I will get on to Virgin - it's about time they offer me something new, I've had this black hub for quite a while now anyway!

Thanks for the info, I hadn't seen any of this before now!

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous Userif you find a work around please could you let me know as it drives me nuts?

I need to get some upgrades from Virgin too.....well over due in my opinion Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi wrote:

@Anonymous Userif you find a work around please could you let me know as it drives me nuts?

I need to get some upgrades from Virgin too.....well over due in my opinion Smiley Happy

@Lindzi

Definitely! I can see it leading to a long winded convo with Virgin, that's always fun! Smiley Frustrated

Virgin should make more of an effort with their existing customers. Same old same old with these companies, always focusing on new customer more than retaining existing ones *big sigh*

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Lindzi wrote:

@Lindzi

Definitely! I can see it leading to a long winded convo with Virgin, that's always fun! Smiley Frustrated

Virgin should make more of an effort with their existing customers. Same old same old with these companies, always focusing on new customer more than retaining existing ones *big sigh*

@Anonymous User

100% agree with you! If I told you what I pay per month for their 50mp BB with an old hub and TV with an old V+ box you would tell me that I am an idiot! I am the type of customer that these companies love, I just pay the bill and never contact them, while all the new customers get the all singing V6 box and super fast broadband!! Oh I am an idiot! Smiley Surprised