cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New box/New account

Hi, I wonder if anyone can advise. Now are offering a good package of a new box and passes to new customers. If my husband buys it and sets up a new account can we cancel our existing account which is in my name and add our existing box to it?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Looking at the prices being offered at the moment it's a pretty decent deal.

Yes, you should have no problem using your existing nowtv box on a new account (just make sure you sign into the existing box with your new account details).

I normally pick up the nowtv boxes with the bundled voucher included from places like Argos, Currys when there are deals around  during the Black Friday and January Sales etc. 

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User yes but make sure you put a payment pin on both accounts and fully cancel yours.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oooooh what does that mean? 🙂

Sorry, im rubbish at all this.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Out of curiosity what deal are NowTV currently offering new customers with a box and passes ?

Just interested that's all, have you got a link that you can post on here ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Yeah, your link worked fine thanks.

Noticed this deal on the NowTV website, i couldn't find where it mentioned a new box included in the package thou only says 6 month entertainment pass and 6 month cinema pass for £50.94.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh, thanks for pointing that out, Ive looked at so many deals today my head is spinning 🙂

Its still quite a good deal though isnt it or do you know of any better deals please?

I may go for it and buy a box off Ebay, would still work out cheaper than existing customer offers I think.

I just hope I can add my existing box to it as well. Not sure how that works.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Looking at the prices being offered at the moment it's a pretty decent deal.

Yes, you should have no problem using your existing nowtv box on a new account (just make sure you sign into the existing box with your new account details).

I normally pick up the nowtv boxes with the bundled voucher included from places like Argos, Currys when there are deals around  during the Black Friday and January Sales etc. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Honestly Schnapps Im totally rubbish with technology, I dont even understand what you mean by signing into existing box on new account hahaha

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you are going to cancel your existing account, and setup a new account on your husbands name and bank card then theses help guide articles linked below might help.

Here's how to cancel your existing account passes, if you have more than one pass say for example entertainment and cinema where you need to cancel them individually and make sure you follow the step by step screen instructions until you get the cancel confirmation on screen.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-cancel-now-tv

Here's how to add a payment PIN to your account.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/change-payment-pin-parental-pin-settings

Once you setup your new account details, to change the username account details on your existing box, open the nowtv app and on the bottom of the NowTV main user interface on the left hand side of the screen towards the bottom  should be My Account, where if you open it up there should be an option to log out of the box.

Once you have logged out, just sign back into the existing box with your new account details and password.

Personally if it was me, i would keep my existing account and look out for box bundled deals from places like Argos etc or look at vouchers from Currys etc.

Not sure about stock levels in your post code area, here's a good deal from Argos for 4 months Cinema voucher with a nowtv box included in the price.

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/4536886

Once you have enough boxes you could then look at vouchers or gift cards, here's an example here.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/digital-and-smart-tv/smart-tv/now-tv-entertainment-pass-3-month-10078579-pdt.html