cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeeMoreDigital Champion 5
Champion 5

Re: Netflix

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Nope, the Netflix app will not be added to the NOW TV 'white' or 'black' boxes. Primarily because the prices of these NOW TV boxes are heavily subsidised by NOW TV...

Other device manufacturers offer the Netflix app, including Roku. So "you pay your money and you take your choice" ...

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

ukbobboy
Expert 2

@Son2303 @Andy @SeeMoreDigital

Hi Son

Although I've not go anything to add to what Andy and SMD have already written but may be the following info, I'm going to mention, may make your white box ownership much more enjoyable, just like it has me.

First, I would suggest that you set yourself up a media server and install Plex on it.

Second, rip/copy your DVD/Blue Ray disks to it, hard work but worth it in the end.

Next, you can also rip/copy your favourite music CDs and downloads to your server.

Once you have side-loaded the Plex app (not the server software) onto your Now TV white box you will then be able to play your music and DVD/Blue Ray films direct to your TV without using any physical (disk) media.

My white box has enabled me to play my music and watch my films without the need of digging out my CDs or DVDs, everything is at the touch of my white boxes remote control.  And now, when I buy CDs from Amazon, I ensure that I can download my music purchases immediately (or asap), transfer them to my server and then directly play my new tunes on my beefed up TV.

I personally could not ask for more.

UK Bob

0 Thanks
Toni34483
First Poster

Netflix

Iv bought the black nowtv box u der the advise of someone from sky telling me i could netflix which is the sole reason i bought it. Any ideas how i get it or why i cant?

0 Thanks
artesea Legend 4
Legend 4

@Toni34483 there is no Netflix on the NOW TV boxes. Not sure who you spoke to but they were wrong.

-----
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, so whilst I know a lot about the service I will be unable to help with any account issues.
Follow my Twitter Bots @NowTVCatchup @NowTVBoxset and @NowTVFilms for updates on content added and leaving NOW TV.
Did you find this post useful, why not give some Thanks?
the-nadger Mentor 3
Mentor 3

@Toni34483 Because black box is basically subsidised Roku3 neither Amazon Prime or Netflix are, and are unlikely to be, available.

As it is not possible to speak to anyone from NowTV ( online service only) did you speak to someone in a shop?

The best device to get all services ( Netflix, Amazon & NowTV) is, imho, a Roku.

Please click on Thanks if I've helped. I'm a Community Contributor not staff.
ukbobboy
Expert 2

@Toni34483 @artesea

Hi Toni

Unfortunately, there are a lot of people out there who are being told, like yourself, that the Now TV black box is just the same as a Roku 3 one but a lot cheaper, this is an out and out lie or the person giving the advice has no idea what they are talking about.

Both Roku and Now TV black boxes look very similar (as shown below) but the facilities on the Roku are far more extensive, and so can command a price of approx £80, while the Now TV box facilities are minimal and is primarily designed to deliver Now TV/Sky content, and so cost only £15.  

Plus, the Now TV box has no direct ability to for non-approved apps/channels to be added to it, while you can any app/channel you like, including Netflix, from the Roku apps store to the Roku box. I also believe that you can add apps from non-Roku sources to the Roku box as well but you have to be fairly knowledgeable to perform this operation.

Anyway, here is an Amazon URL showing the Now TV box and Roku 2 & 3 boxes:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Roku+3

Hope this helps.

UK Bob

Roku 3 Box

Now TV Black Box

ukbobboy
Expert 2

Dear Knowledgeable Forum People

Can anybody explain what has happened to my "Roku 3 box" picture in my post above, seems as if it just self-deleted.

UK Bob

0 Thanks
artesea Legend 4
Legend 4

@ukbobboy you used the image directly from Roku's servers (instead of saving and then uploading a copy). Since then Roku have removed the image at their end.

-----
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, so whilst I know a lot about the service I will be unable to help with any account issues.
Follow my Twitter Bots @NowTVCatchup @NowTVBoxset and @NowTVFilms for updates on content added and leaving NOW TV.
Did you find this post useful, why not give some Thanks?
SeeMoreDigital Champion 5
Champion 5

@artesea wrote:

@ukbobboy you used the image directly from Roku's servers (instead of saving and then uploading a copy). Since then Roku have removed the image at their end.

Indeed...

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

ukbobboy
Expert 2

@artesea @SeeMoreDigital

Cheers Guys

I know better next time.

UK Bob

0 Thanks