Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: No access to Netflix was on packing

@Struts11

Welcome to the forum.

There is no Netflix app available for the NOW TV box, it's only available on the retail Roku boxes. That's always been the case, and  I've never seen any any mention of Netflix on the packaging the NOW TV box comes in. If you are trying to add apps on the NOW TV box from the streaming channels store make sure you are not making any changes to your broadband connection to make it appear you are in a location other than UK.

ukbobboy
Expert 2

Re: No access to Netflix was on packing

Well Andy

It seems that Sruts11  got the Now TV Box confused with a Roku one, after all they are very similar looking devices and are both made by Roku.  And the argument could be made that the Black Now TV Box  (costing £15) is actually a cut down (or cloned) Roku 3 box (which cost £80 upwards).

Looking at both devices, side by side, it is easy to see how someone could easily choose the Now TV box believing they were getting a full Roku at a bargain price.

UK Bob

h45an
First Poster

Refund plz

Hi

I was on a Netflix trial and before it expired I clicked cancelled and after the date I noticed that I am being charged.

Please can you refund me the £9.99 as I don't wish to continue

Regards

Mr Siddiqui
0 Thanks
awillo32
Scholar 4

Re: Refund plz

Maybe you will have more luck asking netflix for refund instead of nowtv Smiley Happy

**I'm Just a helpful customer**
Figgerty
Contributor 2

Will I get be able to watch free content via the White Now Tv box?

I bought a White Now TV box last July and didn't bother to connect it as I bought a new Smart TV just after.  I don't have Sky anymore and watched golf on Sky Go up to last year through my laptop connected via HDMI to my TV.  I bought the Now TV box with the intention of buying weekly sports passes to watch my favourite tournaments.  It is only now with the Masters looming that I am  setting it up to a non smart TV to make sure I can get it up and running.  I presume that I can move the box to my main TV after I get it all working as it's the same Router.  I bought a weekly sports pass but don't want to activate it until the week of the Masters. 

Do I have to have an entertainment pass to watch stuff other than Films or Sport or is there a way of viewing free content? 

Will I be able to access Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime etc or is this just for Now TV by Sky?

Is there any difference between the white and black box, apart from wired router on  the Black box?

0 Thanks
caseyb1993 Elite 5
Elite 5

Re: Will I get be able to watch free content via the White Now Tv box?

@Figgerty Hello Smiley Happy

1) The three passes are for entertainment, movies and sports so you can only view entertainment for entertainment, movies for movies and sports for sports.

2) Netflix and A.P aren't on this box but YouTube and a lot of free apps like iPlayer, ITVHub, All4, MY5  and more are on it.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? :-)
gregan
Helper 3

@Figgerty wrote:

I bought a White Now TV box last July and didn't bother to connect it as I bought a new Smart TV just after.  I don't have Sky anymore and watched golf on Sky Go up to last year through my laptop connected via HDMI to my TV.  I bought the Now TV box with the intention of buying weekly sports passes to watch my favourite tournaments.  It is only now with the Masters looming that I am  setting it up to a non smart TV to make sure I can get it up and running.  I presume that I can move the box to my main TV after I get it all working as it's the same Router.  I bought a weekly sports pass but don't want to activate it until the week of the Masters. 

Do I have to have an entertainment pass to watch stuff other than Films or Sport or is there a way of viewing free content? 

Will I be able to access Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime etc or is this just for Now TV by Sky?

Is there any difference between the white and black box, apart from wired router on  the Black box?

You can still access youtube and the catch-up services (bbc iplayer etc.) without paying for now tv but you still need a now tv account to set the box up. when did you buy the sports pass?

Please press Thanks or 'Mark as Solution' if you found my post useful Smiley Happy
Figgerty
Contributor 2

@caseyb1993 wrote:

@Figgerty Hello Smiley Happy

1) The three passes are for entertainment, movies and sports so you can only view entertainment for entertainment, movies for movies and sports for sports.

2) Netflix and A.P aren't on this box but YouTube and a lot of free apps like iPlayer, ITVHub, All4, MY5  and more are on it.

I knew about the 3 differnet type of passes but I saw or read where you could watch a channel like Fox on a Now TV box without paying. I also read that Netflix was on Now TV.  Perhaps they were referring to older versions.
0 Thanks
caseyb1993 Elite 5
Elite 5

@Figgerty As far as I know it's never had Netflix since it's a 'rival' company. Do you know where you read that?

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? :-)
Figgerty
Contributor 2

@gregan wrote:

You can still access youtube and the catch-up services (bbc iplayer etc.) without paying for now tv but you still need a now tv account to set the box up. when did you buy the sports pass?

I bought the sports pass last July when I bought the box.

So all the stuff I read or saw on YouTube about viewing free stuff & apps like Netflix is a load of tosh?

Do you know about the differences between white and black box?

0 Thanks