cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
artesea Legend 4
Legend 4

Re: Prime

@4268 but a lot less if you only have it say 3 times during the year.

-----
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, so whilst I know a lot about the service I will be unable to help with any account issues.
Follow my Twitter Bots @NowTVCatchup @NowTVBoxset and @NowTVFilms for updates on content added and leaving NOW TV.
Did you find this post useful, why not give some Thanks?
4268 Champion 4
Champion 4

I guess depends on whether you see the video service as a supplement to the delivery service or vice versa .

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Now...

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

So how do you actually get the £7.99 offer? I can't see any option for it anywhere, and from what I've read it seems to be only available to existing Prime members who go to cancel, presumably as an incentive to keep them locked in longer. If that's the case it's a bit of a faff having to keep signing up for an annual Prime, cancelling the Prime and then hoping you're offered the monthly option each time.

caseyb1993 Elite 5
Elite 5

@DarylM Wait, you can pay for prime instant video monthly? I know you can pay monthly for LoveFilm but didn't know about P.I.V.

I don't use amazon like I used to and only used Prime when a friend let me piggyback on his account. 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? :-)
BicBasher
Scholar 5

@Andy wrote:

So how do you actually get the £7.99 offer? I can't see any option for it anywhere, and from what I've read it seems to be only available to existing Prime members who go to cancel, presumably as an incentive to keep them locked in longer. If that's the case it's a bit of a faff having to keep signing up for an annual Prime, cancelling the Prime and then hoping you're offered the monthly option each time.

The £7.99 offer comes and goes.    It was avaliable earlier in the week, keep checking the Try Prime page and it occasionaly pops up.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | NOW TV Smart Box wired connected, Chromecast 2 connected via wi-fi, LG Smart TV model LG 32LB580V and a PC, Windows 7 using Firefox 45 (x64) with Silverlight connected via Ethernet.
0 Thanks
DarylM Expert 5
Expert 5

@caseyb1993 wrote:

@DarylM Wait, you can pay for prime instant video monthly? I know you can pay monthly for LoveFilm but didn't know about P.I.V.

I don't use amazon like I used to and only used Prime when a friend let me piggyback on his account. 

@caseyb1993  Yes - although it's quite difficult to find.  They only mention the £79 annual subscription at first.  But I think if you continue to click through there is an option which says "Looking for Prime Instant Video?"

I currently have the £5.99 a month subscription for Prime Video only and have just used it to watch The Man In The High Castle.

I'll keep it until sometime in the new year after the next series of Ripper Street comes out.  After that I'll cancel and just have it in the months I want it (like I do with Netflix).

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

BicBasher
Scholar 5

The easiest way to get the £5.99 Amazon Instant Video deal is to click on Shop by Department, then Amazon Video. 

@DarylM  How was The Man In The High Castle?   I'm planning on watching it after I've finished Jessica Jones on Netflix.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | NOW TV Smart Box wired connected, Chromecast 2 connected via wi-fi, LG Smart TV model LG 32LB580V and a PC, Windows 7 using Firefox 45 (x64) with Silverlight connected via Ethernet.
DarylM Expert 5
Expert 5

@BicBasher wrote:

The easiest way to get the £5.99 Amazon Instant Video deal is to click on Shop by Department, then Amazon Video.

There's a 30-day free trial if you've never had Prime before.  But I'm pretty sure that the trial is for full Prime, rather than just video.

It's annoying and confusing that it doesn't mention the £5.99 video option on the Prime Video homepage.

@BicBasher wrote:

@DarylM  How was The Man In The High Castle?   I'm planning on watching it after I've finished Jessica Jones on Netflix.

@BicBasher  I enjoyed it. The character motivations are complex enough to keep it interesting.  The main thing which stands out is the atmosphere of this alternate Axis-occupied America.  I like how it doesn't grandstand much or overplay its hand.  Instead it's presented in a relatively restrained way, with Americans saying 'Zieg Heil' to each other as casually as they'd say 'Hi'.  All the more effective and chilling.

The first episode is available for free (even for those who don't have a Prime account).

I haven't had Netflix for a while (since Orange Is The New Black, I think).  I plan to get it again for Jessica Jones and, particularly, the Bill Murray Christmas special.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

GraphiteGB
Expert 2

snapshot286.png

Does advertise the 5.99 offer...

I Do not work for SkyUK or NowTV...

As I No longer live in the UK, I no longer run the NowTv boxes... So am an Ex Community Contributor user

SIEE Beta Tester since PS2. Rejected PSP and VITA day one...

Currently own and run these devices PS3, PS4, Chromecast, Sky+HD box, Quad OS boot HP Laptop, Amazon Fire tablet and TV box
SeeMoreDigital Champion 5
Champion 5

I became a Prime customer back in 2008 when all you were offered was a 'free' delivery service. And I was very happy with what I got for the money. So obviously I was very pleased when the video streaming service was added. And now unlimited Cloud storage.

It makes me wonder what useful goodies Sky could reward their customers. Subsidised or even free line rental or internet access maybe Smiley Happy 

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •