cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
CRIDGY
First Poster

Netflix on the NOW TV Box

Can anyone tell me if its possible to add Netflix to the NOW TV box as its not avaliable to download in the APP Store. Many thanks,

0 Thanks
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Netflix on the NOW TV Box

Hi @CRIDGY

Just an update to let you know that Netflix is now available for you to download through a select number of NOW TV devices. 

For more info check out our post about Netflix here.

Thanks,

Karl

114 Replies
ConorButters
Advocate 2

Prime

Amazon prime is now available on standard roku boxes

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/11/10/amazon-prime-video-now-available-on-roku-boxes-in-the-u-k/

It would be good if now tv had some kind of way that if you were an active subscriber with a pass then you could access Netflix and Amazon on their box then if you were to cancel your passes then access to these premium services would be restricted
I hope I've helped! If I have please take a moment to click the thanks button Smiley Happy
commanda6 Champion 2
Champion 2

Re: Prime

Hi @ConorButters

Good spot Smiley Happy But you're about 24 hours behind Smiley Wink It was first spotted yesterday. It actually been available on standard Roku since 6th November

I do not work for now TV. I am simply a NowTV customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

If you find posts on the community useful or helpful can you give them Thanks By pressing the thumbs up button. If a post solves a problem you are having can you mark it as an accepted solution.
Mumbler2014
Contributor 1

Since the NOWTV boxes haven't been pulled from Amazon, it's very possible that instant video will appear on these devices.

Amazon is removing devices that don't carry prime.

0 Thanks
4268 Champion 4
Champion 4

Be handy if it does come on these boxes. I have both services, I see them as complimentary to each other to get a fuller range of programs.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Now...

0 Thanks
BicBasher
Scholar 5

@4268 wrote:
Be handy if it does come on these boxes. I have both services, I see them as complimentary to each other to get a fuller range of programs.

Agreed.  I rent films from Amazon as they're in 1080p HD, but don't have Prime.   Currently use the LG app, but would be nice to have the NOW TV box as a back-up.    Same for Netflix.   Now TV's own data shows that customers are more likely to pay for both services.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | NOW TV Smart Box wired connected, Chromecast 2 connected via wi-fi, LG Smart TV model LG 32LB580V and a PC, Windows 7 using Firefox 45 (x64) with Silverlight connected via Ethernet.
0 Thanks
BicBasher
Scholar 5

Amazon have once again quietly added a monthly option for £7.99pm if you fancy free delivery and a selection of free music and movies.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | NOW TV Smart Box wired connected, Chromecast 2 connected via wi-fi, LG Smart TV model LG 32LB580V and a PC, Windows 7 using Firefox 45 (x64) with Silverlight connected via Ethernet.
DarylM Expert 5
Expert 5

@BicBasher  Can you still get Prime Video on its own for £5.99 a month?  Or has that been replaced by the £7.99 monthly full Prime option?

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

0 Thanks
BicBasher
Scholar 5

@DarylM  Yes, the £5.99 Video only option is still there, along with the £79 Prime annual subscription.

The £7.99pm sub is excellent value for money if you budget monthly as it gives you not just the usual Amazon offers of free delivery and Prime Video, but the new Prime Music section, which competes with Spotify and cloud storage for photos.

Reading on HotUKDeals, people who signed up for the recent £59 annual deal who cancelled were also offered the monthly sub, so I think Amazon are finally realising that to get more Prime sign-ups, they'll have to offer a monthly subscription, even if they don't promote it.

4268 Champion 4
Champion 4

The monthly price works out to nearly £20 a year more at least than paying up front.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Now...