cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Netflix on the NOW TV Stick?

Can anyone tell me if its possible to add Netflix to the NOW TV box as its not avaliable to download in the APP Store. Many thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Just an update to let you know that Netflix is now available for you to download through a select number of NOW TV devices. 

For more info check out our post about Netflix here.

Thanks,

Karl

View solution in original post

120 REPLIES 120
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi, does anyone know if the Roku Amazon app delivers 5.1 or is this just Amazon Fire products which this is available on?

Cheers pethead65

Hi @Anonymous User

The Roku app does indeed support 5.1 audio. Assuming the asset that Amazon have for a particular piece of content is 5.1 enabled of course. It will tell you on the information screen for a particular piece of content before you press play if it does. One thing to remember with the majority of Roku devices is that they must be connected into an AV receiver via HDMI in order to support 5.1 audio.

My AV receiver switches to Dolby Digital plus , when watching most content on Netflix or Amazon instant video. Not all content on Amazon instant video or Netflix for that matter is 5.1 enabled.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank for that info @commanda6 .  Another question (sorry) is the Amazon app superior to the Roku app?

Cheers

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thank for that info @commanda6 .  Another question (sorry) is the Amazon app superior to the Roku app?

Cheers

Hi @Anonymous User

If you're asking is the Amazon video app on Amazon's own devices superior then I can't really answer that one, definitively as I don't own one of Amazon's own devices.

As far as I'm aware, the Amazon video app on Amazon's own devices, still offers 1080p\4K and 5.1 Dolby Digital plus audio. I believe those with a Roku 4 can stream 4K video from Amazon, but the Roku 4 isn't officially available in the UK yet. I think the only area in which the app on Amazon's own devices might be superior it is user interface.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

GUI of the Amazon box is faster because the Box is still faster...

Amazons extras are only available on Amazon devices if you want these extras is up to you... 

As with googlecast Amazon push to TV/Xray functions with amazon instant video requires amazon devices...

Amazon second screen functions are now bundled into a single tagline called Xray... This gives Film nerds extra stuff while watching Films

The Amazon instant video app on PS3 and PS4 is cut down on features its small things but its noticable... slide show of you photos have less options... Amazon cloud Personal uploaded videos are restricted in bit rate and resolution when. they are Original formats on Amazon box...

Features Arrive first on Amazon box then take nearly half a year to move to other platforms... Theres no Prime music on some devices yet... none of the xray functions yet on  PS3 or PS4...

And so on and so on... Prime users all pay the same price in sub but the hardware your viewing on reduces the feature set...

BicBasher
Elite

I only get the Video app on my LG Smart TV, but it does what I need it to do, such as playing movies in full HD, 5.1 and at 50Hz.

I'm tempted if Amazon drop the price of the Fire stick on Black Friday to give it a go and it comes with the Curzon app, which has an extensive world cinema collection.   I'm more of a world cinema fan, although I enjoy the odd blockbuster through NOW TV.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Tried different ways to get Netflix on now tv , it said it on the packing , feel I was ripped off, everything I try to add it tells me it's not available in my area, rsvp
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

There is no Netflix app available for the NOW TV box, it's only available on the retail Roku boxes. That's always been the case, and  I've never seen any any mention of Netflix on the packaging the NOW TV box comes in. If you are trying to add apps on the NOW TV box from the streaming channels store make sure you are not making any changes to your broadband connection to make it appear you are in a location other than UK.

ukbobboy
Legend

Well Andy

It seems that Sruts11  got the Now TV Box confused with a Roku one, after all they are very similar looking devices and are both made by Roku.  And the argument could be made that the Black Now TV Box  (costing £15) is actually a cut down (or cloned) Roku 3 box (which cost £80 upwards).

Looking at both devices, side by side, it is easy to see how someone could easily choose the Now TV box believing they were getting a full Roku at a bargain price.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi

I was on a Netflix trial and before it expired I clicked cancelled and after the date I noticed that I am being charged.

Please can you refund me the £9.99 as I don't wish to continue

Regards

Mr Siddiqui
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Maybe you will have more luck asking netflix for refund instead of nowtv 🙂